• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm coming to the conclusion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
    Experience to date means I can only agree with you entirely. It's unlikely there was ever any intention for sensible engagement by HMRC. The only chance of fighting this will be in the courts, and one will have to be prepared to start out expecting to go all the way to the Supreme Court.
    I agree. And that whole process will take...?
    "Justice delayed is justice denied", it is said.
    Which is, in fact, their whole point.
    With APN payment terms, hardly see how bankruptcy is avoidable. Welcome to the UK.

Frankly, the whole plan was transparent from inception.
    What is difficult to understand is that the judiciary is so cool with blatant denial of justice.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      I agree. And that whole process will take...?
      "Justice delayed is justice denied", it is said.
      Which is, in fact, their whole point.
      With APN payment terms, hardly see how bankruptcy is avoidable. Welcome to the UK.

Frankly, the whole plan was transparent from inception.
      What is difficult to understand is that the judiciary is so cool with blatant denial of justice.
      Denial of justice certainly in the lower courts - plenty question their independence and freedom from interference. HMRC are now completely out of control and their strategy is to steam-roller all obstacles - two finger salute to everything. It's the new MO. Expect more Judicial Reviews across a spectrum of legislation. There are too many psychopaths at the helm steering the vendetta and court is the only way to get some justice IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
        I kind of think even HMRC couldn't dream up the vindictive legislation that was announced in Budget.

Gauke & Osborne are driving all this and HMRC are the enforcers. IMO.

In Gauke & Osborne we have two Psychopaths who are all out to trample over British Law and bring about the destruction of thousands in their merciless retrospective legislation.
        George & Gauk have 10 billion hole to fill by 2019. Part of the hole was going to be filled by the PIP Disability bill which got thrown out, now it looks like loans will have to take its place.

Comment

I have yet to understand why we are at the receiving end of this vendetta....
          Until someone offers a compelling alternative explanation, I'll have to stick to my interpretation that they (those who "gave" us these laws) simply got terribly offended by the fact that some "plebs" dared dip their toe (knowingly or not) into an activity that they see as reserved to "them".

Comment

Until someone offers a compelling alternative explanation, I'll have to stick to my interpretation that they (those who "gave" us these laws) simply got terribly offended by the fact that some "plebs" dared dip their toe (knowingly or not) into an activity that they see as reserved to "them".
            Money ! Someone thinks we are all loaded. Trying to understand will drive you crazy. Weird but I find solace in the fight. Maybe I'll implode at the end.

Comment

The judiciary are paid through taxes. The justice system has already been hit hard by austerity cuts. Judges pay has been frozen for several years.

Also, I think we're up there with jihadis and paedos in terms of public opinion. Not many judges would want to be seen siding with tax dodgers in the current climate.

If you had a time machine, and could go back 10 years, you might stand a better chance in court.

Comment

That explanation is part of it. The other part is its a war started by a fight between WG and Brannigan. And its going to get worse. ALL contractors are in HMRC sights.

Originally posted by TheDandy View Post
                Money ! Someone thinks we are all loaded. Trying to understand will drive you crazy. Weird but I find solace in the fight. Maybe I'll implode at the end.
                I already did implode. Ask my shrink. Be sure that when I go I am not going alone.

Comment

What is really infuriating is that Google gets away with sweetheart deals and contractors get hammered with APNs and a 4%rise in tax (dividend tax). It is fcking outrageous. Osborne is truly a swine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                    What is really infuriating is that Google gets away with sweetheart deals and contractors get hammered with APNs and a 4%rise in tax (dividend tax). It is fcking outrageous. Osborne is truly a swine.
                    It is what wrecks this country. Big business has an unfair advantage.

One reason contractors are under attack is so that big consultancies can take over.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      It is what wrecks this country. Big business has an unfair advantage.
                      One reason contractors are under attack is so that big consultancies can take over.
                      That's the difference between capitalism (when people think we have) and crony capitalism (what we really have). Gideon is an empty suit, a puppet that's used by big money to build the oligarchic system they need.

Comment

Working...
                      X