• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Notice of Assessment APSE Consulting Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC letter received today

Hi,

I have also received a similar letter for my trust arrangement with MW solutions which was arranged and set up by Imagen - any recommendations of who to take advise that is independant?

I want to ensure I have a second opinion as I am being investigated for 3 years and being told by the trust advisors that everything is being managed by them and I do not need to worry - but I am!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEWALL View Post
      Hi,

I have also received a similar letter for my trust arrangement with MW solutions which was arranged and set up by Imagen - any recommendations of who to take advise that is independant?

I want to ensure I have a second opinion as I am being investigated for 3 years and being told by the trust advisors that everything is being managed by them and I do not need to worry - but I am!!
      I joined Big Group in April 2016 after getting a DA for my involvement with APSE. If there is nothing to worry about why has Imagen and MW solutions been put into liquidation by the Directors! WTT (firm behind BG) have all the details of APSE and I would expect MW Solutions as well.

Comment

HMRC Notice of Assessment APSE Consulting Ltd

Hi, I'm in the same situation and would really like some advice. Can I please PM you WW?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosher View Post
          Whatever you say to HMRC they will tell you that the scheme did not work and that you must provide full details of your earnings which will be taxed. They will tell you that if you don't help they will decide how much you owe based on what you earned in previous years or on what average contractor rates are. However you cut it in the end they will send you a demand for all the tax you avoided and if you don't pav they will ratchet up the pressure with fines and threats. Whilst there is some chance of getting out of repaying HMRC for schemes you were in before the end of 2010 anything after that, when the principal of disguised remuneration was established in law, you will end up having to pay so I would recommend speaking to HMRC and getting as much time as possible to raise the cash. Do not believe the scheme providers when they tell you crap about how their scheme was bullet proof.

Unfortunately, this is what’s going to happen.

Comment

Speak to WTT. They've quite a few people who are going through the same pain.

Main points:
            1. HMRC are chasing this scheme (I've have had over 100 questions from them now).
            2. I think APSE were prevented from liquidating by HMRC, so HMRC (at last) are going for the providers.
            3. Buckingham Wealth, who stand behind this, WILL fight HMRC. They have a lot of clients who are not IT contractors and have a lot of the skin the game.
            4. APSE/Lutea/BW fight is not your fight. Cooperate fully with HMRC to avoid fines.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
              Unfortunately, this is what’s going to happen.
              Not so sure this bit is correct, now that we have been retrospectively hit by 2019 LC:

Whilst there is some chance of getting out of repaying HMRC for schemes you were in before the end of 2010....

Comment

Hi administrators - I have been reading comments on this thread and would like to pm a couple of members since I am in a similar situation. pls could you grant access for me to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Delendog View Post
                  I joined Big Group in April 2016 after getting a DA for my involvement with APSE. If there is nothing to worry about why has Imagen and MW solutions been put into liquidation by the Directors! WTT (firm behind BG) have all the details of APSE and I would expect MW Solutions as well.
                  Hi Delendog..........What makes you think that Imajen and MW Solutions are in adminstration? What date did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by InterestedPerson View Post
                    Hi Delendog..........What makes you think that Imajen and MW Solutions are in adminstration? What date did this happen?
                    Take a look at Glenda Quirk....:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...U/appointments

worryingly APSE appears to be liquidated - I'd heard that HMRC had prevented that...

Comment

‘Advisors’ in denial

MW solutions are in denial over the 2019 loan charge. They say it will not apply to their scheme but do not explain why. Short responses to questions give no confidence to the poor punters that were sucked in to this racket

Comment

Working...
                      X