• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunningMan View Post
    Oh no I always knew that was coming.
    What I didnt anticipate was the robbing-plot of 2019.
    It's generally the case that a succesful robbing plot leads naturally to another grander, bolder robbing-plot. Learn to think like a criminal and you'll understand HMRC 100%.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Montpelier handed this to HMRC on a plate by leaving it 6 months too late to appeal Huitson.

You can't really blame HMRC for looking a gift horse in the mouth.
      Does anyone know why they didn't get the appeal in on time?
      Newbie to this and having the same APN problems.

Thanks for listening

Comment

Help!

I thought they had forgotten me but I've just received a letter from HMRC stating that in the next 1 to 10 weeks they will send me a follower notice and an accelerated payment notice.

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I can't remember the options now.

I have a tax certificate for the full amount. I'm not a member of NTRT.

What are my options? Do I need to inform MontP?

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
          I thought they had forgotten me but I've just received a letter from HMRC stating that in the next 1 to 10 weeks they will send me a follower notice and an accelerated payment notice.

I'm sure it's been discussed before but I can't remember the options now.

I have a tax certificate for the full amount. I'm not a member of NTRT.

What are my options? Do I need to inform MontP?
          Yes - contact MontP. I emailed MontP and their view is that this is unlawful and are working on a response to HMRC.

Comment

Do I need to inform MontP?
            Yes, probably best to contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              Yes, probably best to contact them.
              Just to let you know - today l recieved actual notices...

Comment

Montp

OK thanks. Who do I contact at Montp? Last time I contacted them it was someone called Quinn, but that was a long time ago.

Is it best to contact by phone, email or post?

Comment

OK thanks. Who do I contact at Montp? Last time I contacted them it was someone called Quinn, but that was a long time ago.

Is it best to contact by phone, email or post?
                  [email protected] Dawn Bull. Scan the letter and email to her.

Comment

Originally posted by OnARoadToNoWhere View Post
                    Yes - contact MontP. I emailed MontP and their view is that this is unlawful and are working on a response to HMRC.
                    that's what they told me too. New joiner.

Comment

Originally posted by KK1 View Post
                      that's what they told me too. New joiner.
                      That's OK provided MP don't land us with penalties to go along with tax and interest.

Comment

Working...
                      X