• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think anything came of any of that human rights stuff.

In any case, surely most people will have settled by now to avoid 50% Follower penalties?

Comment

I hadn't heard from HMRC about the Montpelier scheme for a few years and then a couple of weeks ago out of the blue I get a letter from them offering a review. The letter says I have 30 days to accept the review or notify the appeal to the tribunal.

Anyone else been offered a review?
      Last edited by ns1; 1 May 2019, 12:21.

Comment

Some of our clients have, yes.

Accept the review.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          Some of our clients have, yes.

Accept the review.
          Thanks.

Isn't a review just likely to be charade?

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
            Thanks.

Isn't a review just likely to be charade?
            In my experience less than 2% of reviews result in any substantive change to a decision.

In my opinion, the chance of a change in a decision is less than that.

However, it buys you time.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              In my experience less than 2% of reviews result in any substantive change to a decision.

In my opinion, the chance of a change in a decision is less than that.

However, it buys you time.
              Thanks again.

I was kinda hoping they'd forgotten about me but it's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one back on their radar. I've had this hanging over me for well over half my adult life, so it might be for the best to finally get shot of it.

Comment

Settled but Montpelier

I threw in the towel and withdrew from the TAA appeal, settled the APN with HMRC. Got on with life as best I can.

Hoped that was the end of it.

Today, received an 'update' from Montpelier saying they are still in the ring and fighting, though offered no advice or anything over the years. What have people done with Montpelier? Any one worried they will chase for 'their cut' even though they done nothing to win the event? I seriously wanted to put all this behind me.

Any advice, or what you have done, whether you have settled, still fighting, or in the better managed TAA camp appreciated. I am tempted to email DB and tell her but suspect they will continue chasing.

Comment

Paying an APN is not settling. AN APN is just a holding payment on account to be taken into consideration when all is settled.

Other that ride on the coat tails of TAA, ask MtM what they are actually doing and who is paying for it.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Ak47 View Post
                    I threw in the towel and withdrew from the TAA appeal, settled the APN with HMRC. Got on with life as best I can.

Hoped that was the end of it.

Today, received an 'update' from Montpelier saying they are still in the ring and fighting, though offered no advice or anything over the years. What have people done with Montpelier? Any one worried they will chase for 'their cut' even though they done nothing to win the event? I seriously wanted to put all this behind me.

Any advice, or what you have done, whether you have settled, still fighting, or in the better managed TAA camp appreciated. I am tempted to email DB and tell her but suspect they will continue chasing.
                    From what I hear, Montpelier haven't done anything since they blew the Huitson UTTT appeal. God knows why they are still sending out "updates".

I'm sure if you tell DB you've settled they'll take you off the mailing list.

Comment

Any contact with Montpelier is incredibly dangerous. Before I moved house I used to shred everything from them unopened. Now the post redirection has ended I assume the new receivers do the same.

Don't encourage them. Treat them like you treat the CUK trolls. Just ignore.

Comment

Working...
                      X