• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loans

May be slightly off topic but corrance and hazelmere, the companies that deal with the loans aren't part of Montpelier group

Comment

Originally posted by FlorenceP View Post
      May be slightly off topic but corrance and hazelmere, the companies that deal with the loans aren't part of Montpelier group

And this is webberg's response to the identical comment you made in another thread:

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      That's a confident call.

I'm going to say that from my researches there may be more connections than you think.

Note: I am watching these threads with interest...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Copy of NIC Appeal template please

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        PM me.

I'll give you an email address.

Once I've run some checks on you, I'll give you some words.
        Hi Webberg - I too have made some payments to HMRC, including the NIC element and would like to claim back (to offset the 50%) FN charges!

I have been an infrequent viewer of the forum but had my head in the sand a bit, confused, scared and worried about the threats (in every sense) that I’ve been getting from HMRC DM. I fall, like many others I’ve seen on here, into that abyss between being misled and lied to by HMRC and swindled by Montpelier. I’ve all but given up and started, 50% too late to try to get this behind me.

Occasionally, when reading these posts I get a glimmer of hope but then fall to despair at the pointlessness of it all. On this point, I think I may have recognised a flaw; I’ve no idea of the value of what I’ve spotted but don’t think I should share here in case it closes a door for others - if you could pm me please, I’ll gladly share offline.
        Thanks for all your efforts - it’s comforting to see how you’re helping many many others!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slog View Post
          Hi Webberg - I too have made some payments to HMRC, including the NIC element and would like to claim back (to offset the 50%) FN charges!

if you could pm me please, I’ll gladly share offline.
          Thanks for all your efforts - it’s comforting to see how you’re helping many many others!
          Thanks for the kind words.

You will need to have PM rights granted (5+ posts usually).
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

No problem (does this count as a post) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Slog View Post
              No problem (does this count as a post) ?
              You have PM rights now.

Comment

Originally posted by More Lamb View Post
                If Montpelier are looking to squeeze more out of people, they're only going to be interested in those who haven't settled.

If you've already settled, and want to be removed from the mailing list, I can't see any harm in contacting DB.
                My concern was that I suspect they are on the coat tails of others work. I also remember after the first year I received a debt collector for the fees. I had to call them saying the year was under investigation before they called them off. That experience made me think that they will be aggressive in their expectation of fees. Hence my concern.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by Ak47 View Post
                  My concern was that I suspect they are on the coat tails of others work. I also remember after the first year I received a debt collector for the fees. I had to call them saying the year was under investigation before they called them off. That experience made me think that they will be aggressive in their expectation of fees. Hence my concern.
                  Same thing happened to me. That's what worries me. MP are aggressive in their attempts to extract money from people, even when none is owed. If they thought I owed them money, they could have asked for it instead of sending a debt collector to my door.

Comment

They've got far bigger issues to deal with now. I doubt they'll be bothering clients much in the foreseeable future.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...lier-read.html

Fingers crossed, this will be the end of them.

Comment

Originally posted by More Lamb View Post
                      They've got far bigger issues to deal with now. I doubt they'll be bothering clients much in the foreseeable future.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...lier-read.html

Fingers crossed, this will be the end of them.
                      Be careful what you wish for.

Montpelier and the people behind it may have had reasons for doing what they did based on a history and connection with the history of the group which may have prevented some actions (accelerated others).

The Court appointed manager and receiver knows little about that history and from my brief conversation with him so far, he is getting up to speed before making any final decisions. When those decisions come however, past history and any adherence with oral promises that may have been made, will be unlikely to be of any influence.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X