• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

40,000 people to be hit by loan charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What years?

Will the charge apply to?

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
      Will the charge apply to?
      1999 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
        1999 onwards.
        When's the cutoff year? As in 1999 - *year*

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
          When's the cutoff year? As in 1999 - *year*
          2019. The charge applies to all outstanding loans on 5/4/19.

Comment

Stitched up like a kipper

So even if you've paid the APN in full, with no method now to settle, they'll come after you for even more? Or less - I think they told me it wasn't a loan and I/they have no proof it's a loan, so how can the bloody thing be outstanding loan in 2019???

Comment

Originally posted by andyc2000 View Post
              So even if you've paid the APN in full, with no method now to settle, they'll come after you for even more? Or less - I think they told me it wasn't a loan and I/they have no proof it's a loan, so how can the bloody thing be outstanding loan in 2019???
              Yes.
              First, An APN is merely a payment on account.
              Second, If you have years where you received "disguised remuneration loans" (according to HMRC's opinion), DOTAS or not, even if that year is closed to revision due to statutory limits, you will be hit by the "2019 charge".
              Third, HMRC have no problems with contradictions when it permits "maximization of the amount of tax collected"

Feeling shafted yet?
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                Yes.
                First, An APN is merely a payment on account.
                Second, If you have years where you received "disguised remuneration loans" (according to HMRC's opinion), DOTAS or not, even if that year is closed to revision due to statutory limits, you will be hit by the "2019 charge".
                Third, HMRC have no problems with contradictions when it permits "maximization of the amount of tax collected"

Feeling shafted yet?
                Yep, 2019 charge = how to wipe out enquiries, Discovery Assessments, APN's, FTT's, Judicial Reviews and all due process that comes with them, all in one hit !!!!
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                  Yep, 2019 charge = how to wipe out enquiries, Discovery Assessments, APN's, FTT's, Judicial Reviews and all due process that comes with them, all in one hit !!!!
                  Yes, that's pretty much the plan. The cover-up of the century and the plunder of the century, all rolled into one.

And whatever side effects, they'll just blame on Brexit of course.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Honest, industrious and value-adding citizens are about to be brutally wiped out by an absolutely selfish few who simply could not care less as they themselves are unaffected. Do we deserve this treatment? You could fight by yourself and be rigorously punished or do we organise ourselves? Clock is ticking - two years will pass rapidly.

Comment

I wonder how many of the 40,000 will only find out about this when the brown envelope arrives after 5/4/19?

Unfortunately most of those 40,000 will be contractors, and we know what it's like mobilising contractors to do anything. (Herding cats)

Most would baulk at throwing say £1000 into a fighting fund, even if they are on the hook for £100,000.

Shame really because tens of thousands x £1000 = fire power!

Comment

Working...
                      X