• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiry Endeavour/Quantum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC enquiry Endeavour/Quantum

Hi,

I got a letter from HMRC in summer of 2016 that I have just received (from my previous property that I rent out) regarding a single yr where I switched to an umbrella company Endeavour/Quantum for a 6mth contract — as I was winding down my business and quitting corporate work... I no longer live in England, I moved to the continent permanently 3yrs ago and no longer contract — I am a registered freelancer in the country I am in — earning min. salary so I can focus on a non-profit venture. I am no longer on the self-assessment scheme to my knowledge. I have not received any other letters since. I have an apartment in UK that I co-own and no savings and no longer have the documents they ask for. Can someone advise? How should I respond?
    Last edited by tmckenna; 16 January 2017, 18:40.

Originally posted by tmckenna View Post
    Hi,

I got a letter from HMRC in summer of 2016 that I have just received (from my previous property that I rent out) regarding a single yr where I switched to an umbrella company Endeavour/Quantum for a 6mth contract — as I was winding down my business and quitting corporate work... I no longer live in England, I moved to the continent permanently 3yrs ago and no longer contract — I am a registered freelancer in the country I am in — earning min. salary so I can focus on a non-profit venture. I am no longer on the self-assessment scheme to my knowledge. I have not received any other letters since. I have an apartment in UK that I co-own and no savings and no longer have the documents they ask for. Can someone advise? How should I respond?
    Care to elaborate on what the letter says? You give exactly zero details on what they ask of you, so how can you expect anyone to advise you on how to respond?
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      Care to elaborate on what the letter says? You give exactly zero details on what they ask of you, so how can you expect anyone to advise you on how to respond?
      Apologies – it was for a recent yr.... It has the subject 'Check of Self Assessment tax return' – it states the check will be made under the Section 9A of the Taxes Mgmt ACt 1970. They say they are specifically looking into Quantum/Endeavor employment and need all information related to the the tax yr — including promotional materials and emails made available to me from the umbrella company with a CC/FS1a factsheet as an addendum. I have surpassed the submission date by a number of mths now as I only just received the letter but no other letter has been sent since.

Comment

Find CCR Group and ask them as they are organised to resist the position.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          Find CCR Group and ask them as they are organised to resist the position.
          I have seen CCR Group referenced a few times — can you provide a link?

Comment

Originally posted by tmckenna View Post
            I have seen CCR Group referenced a few times — can you provide a link?
            PM me.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              PM me.
              Hello,

I am in the same situation than OP.
              Could you someone PM and email me some relevant information, please?
              Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Set View Post
                Hello,

I am in the same situation than OP.
                Could you someone PM and email me some relevant information, please?
                Thank you,
                Your account has now been upgraded so that you can use the PM system.

Comment

For a variety of reasons the recruitment of new members for the defence group for the Quantum, Endeavour and Fairfax arrangements is now being dealt with by WTT Consulting.

We suggest that if you are interested in joining, can you please contact WTT in the first instance.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                  X