• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Repayment to Dissolved Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    A loan made by a company is an asset of that company.
    Thanks webberg. Much appreciated. So stressed about this unexpected turn of events (maybe it should have been obvious, but apparently it wasn't obvious to my tax advisor for the last two years)

If the company is subsequently dissolved/liquidated/struck off, the assets will go to the shareholders.
    After dissolution the assets go to the state, so I am assuming the transfer of loans happens during liquidation?

I am struggling to find any information on how the transfer or sale of loans work in this process, perhaps because I don't know the right language to use/questions to ask. (I am not being lazy, I have been researching for nearly 9 hours straight and will continue to do so next day off I have).

Can you advise on where to find information on this process? What

Comment

Working...
    X