• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

APNs £200k - is there a safe place abroad to run to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Moscow isn't a country....
    Neither is Dubai. Or Hong Kong, for that matter.
    (But I thought there are enough pendants on CUK as it is to even go there...)
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
      "Apparently", exactly my point.
      Do a bit more searching and digging around this forum and you will find the case that HMRC had in court were CUK posts were used as evidence, there was a lot of laughs about it as HMRC were using all the forum user names etc.

Your kidding yourself if you think they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
        Do a bit more searching and digging around this forum and you will find the case that HMRC had in court were CUK posts were used as evidence, there was a lot of laughs about it as HMRC were using all the forum user names etc.

Your kidding yourself if you think they don't.
        You are probably right I just haven't seen any evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yeah - fun places like Columbia, Patagonia, North Korea, assorted African backwaters. And, of course, you can never move back here or anywhere else vaguely civilised, including the OP's original list....
          You clearly know what you're talking about.

Comment

Nobody really knows if this is true though do they?
            Yes they do, actually.

HMRC's counsel quoted a post by Bolshy Bastard during one judicial foray.

There was much tittering around the courtroom...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              There was much tittering around the courtroom...
              I'm not surprised...

Comment

Used to be you could flee to Switzerland. Then you could be extradited for evasion, but your money would be safe. However, EU legislation that Switzerland has agreed to has blocked this solution. Until Brexit of course.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Apparently = Definitely

"Apparently", exactly my point.
                  HMRC quoted CUK Forum in the original Huitson Judicial Review back in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastWinja View Post
                    HMRC quoted CUK Forum in the original Huitson Judicial Review back in 2010.
                    I stand corrected. Did not know that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
                      Yes they do as HMRC have apparently quoted posts from CUK during court cases.

Also as stupid as they are I don't think they are stupid enough to not use CUK as a resource, makes there crappy jobs easier.
                      To be fair they have to see what their contractors are wasting time on the internet doing.

Oh and hi HMRC
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X