• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

APNs £200k - is there a safe place abroad to run to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... is there a safe place abroad to run to?

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
    So you thought it's best to ask on a public forum notoriously scouted by HMRC? Ok...
    I suspect you're not going to get many answers here. You'll probably have more luck on private forums such as Big Group. I'd suggeste joining when it reopens later this month.
    In the meantime, do your homework on topics such as MARD and tax residency rules.
    Thanks for your response. You were right. Not many answers to be had so it seems - maybe due to HMRC trolling this site or maybe because there arn't any. Will definitely try to join the Big Group if I can and will continue to Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Overit2017 View Post
      Thanks for your response. You were right. Not many answers to be had so it seems - maybe due to HMRC trolling this site or maybe because there arn't any. Will definitely try to join the Big Group if I can and will continue to Google.
      There are answers to be had but you probably won't find them with Google.

FWIW, I was told that UAE is pretty safe.

Comment

It very much remains to be seen what can and will be recovered from those fortunate to no longer be here or moving on shortly.
        At the moment the brown envelope piles are probably being used as stubbie coasters and quite rightly so.

The astute play was to use the scheme for 1-x yrs then exit the jurisdiction. As I have asid before I would love to see the geographical analysis of these tax "assets". I'm sure HMRC have it and it causes some angst.

Given the time the PS contractors can spend on here it seems likely HMRC spend a lot of time on here too
        Last edited by QCApproved; 12 April 2017, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by QCApproved View Post
          The astute play was to use the scheme for 1-x yrs then exit the jurisdiction.
          It's the only play for anyone still using a scheme now, not that the idiots will realise that until it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Yes they do, actually.

HMRC's counsel quoted a post by Bolshy Bastard during one judicial foray.

There was much tittering around the courtroom...
            OMG. Lol. Did they quote him verbatim? Wish I'd heard that. Did they say tulip or winker?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              OMG. Lol. Did they quote him verbatim? Wish I'd heard that. Did they say tulip?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Yes they do, actually.

HMRC's counsel quoted a post by Bolshy Bastard during one judicial foray.

There was much tittering around the courtroom...
                Really!? I didnt know that. Hope it was one of my more fruity posts even if it did raise a titter! (Had to break my self imposed exile as well to reply!)
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Really!? I didnt know that. Hope it was one of my more fruity posts even if it did raise a titter! (Had to break my self imposed exile as well to reply!)
                  BB is back yay!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X