• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disappearing loans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact details for Trustees

I'm trying to track down:
    - Walbrook Trustees (IOM) Limited
    - Tenon (IOM) Ltd

Can't find any way to contact Walbrook and from what I can see Tenon have been dissolved but as mentioned earlier the trust assets (loans) cannot just disappear and must be 'owned by someone'

If anyone has contact details I would appriciate it, if these can be passed on. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kais View Post
      - Tenon (IOM) Ltd

Can't find any way to contact Walbrook and from what I can see Tenon have been dissolved but as mentioned earlier the trust assets (loans) cannot just disappear and must be 'owned by someone'

If anyone has contact details I would appriciate it, if these can be passed on. Thanks.
      No idea. But I did see that para 11 in the following says: "Tenon (IOM) Limited (now Optimus Fiduciaries Limited)" OCO Ltd and Toughglaze (UK) Ltd v Revenue and Customs (INCOME TAX/CORPORATION TAX : Employment income) [2017] UKFTT 589 (TC) (04 July 2017)

Comment

Correct. MOst of the Tenon business went to Optimus.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
          No idea. But I did see that para 11 in the following says: "Tenon (IOM) Limited (now Optimus Fiduciaries Limited)" OCO Ltd and Toughglaze (UK) Ltd v Revenue and Customs (INCOME TAX/CORPORATION TAX : Employment income) [2017] UKFTT 589 (TC) (04 July 2017)
          Thanks for the info I'll pick up with Optimus

Comment

Originally posted by Kais View Post
            - Tenon (IOM) Ltd

Isle of Man companies registry online search is here https://services.gov.im/ded/services...panysearch.iom

Comment

Hi all,

Anyone knows who is the trustee of Garraway contracts ltd (IOM) and Garraway consultants Ltd (IOM)? They used to be Sanzar Solutions but changed the name in 2011.
              Thanks,
              S.

Comment

Originally posted by Safe View Post
                Hi all,

Anyone knows who is the trustee of Garraway contracts ltd (IOM) and Garraway consultants Ltd (IOM)? They used to be Sanzar Solutions but changed the name in 2011.
                Thanks,
                S.
                Baker Tilly. Baker Tilly Isle of Man - Chartered Accountants and Business Consultants
                Contact WTT for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
                  Do you have any thoughts on how people that worked for Norla / Edge and settled with HMRC around 2015, will/may be affected by the 2019 charge ?

I'm told they are not able to reach their trustees (Mapatui ?) and are therefore not able to find out anything as to the status of their loan.

Going on what you say above they are going to get by HMRC on their outstanding loan. Do we know yet what the damage (extortion %) of the 2019 charge will be on the loan for this scheme where there was a settlement ? Or will this be an IHT issue and if so at what point will the IHT kick in since the trust disappeared ?

My understanding of this scheme is that these contractors declared it all to HMRC, HMRC knew everything going on. That is why HMRC hammered them first to settle. I would think (hope) HMRC will be friendlier towards them.
                  https://opencorporates.com/companies/im/121505C

MAPATUI LIMITED
                  Company Number
                  121505C
                  Status
                  Dissolved
                  Incorporation Date
                  2 January 2008 (about 10 years ago)
                  Dissolution Date
                  25 March 2014

Comment

Trustees and Admin Fees

Hi All,

Mutual commiserations on involvement with this decade long EBT funfair.

The trustee behind my structure and more than likely the owner, promoter and executioner of such, has finally communicated that the writing is on the wall.

The short message: the HMRC is coming, ready or not, so unless you settle one way of the other, turn your head and start coughing (some more).

Regardless, I’d concluded that almost immediately on learning about the issues (not that long ago) and am settling.

What annoys me now is that the trustee is seeking “admin fees” to write off loans. Wtf?! They received plenty of fees at the tine they were out and about selling this BS to us fools & idiots (with the oft cited line...”our QC’s are confident, so should you be”)...seems a final but poetic flourish to shank us one last time: awesome.

Death and taxes and trustee fees.

My message to them: fear the blockchain, muthas - it’s free and wiping you out sooner than you think.

Comment

Who?

Originally posted by ununInformed View Post
                      Hi All,

The trustee behind my structure and more than likely the owner, promoter and executioner of such, has finally communicated that the writing is on the wall.
                      Who are the providers, and trustees please? How much is the admin fee?

Comment

Working...
                      X