• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overdrawn Capital Account Scheme (Aston Mae / Glen Mae / Procorre)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion but you'll find that it carries more weight if it is based on facts.

WTT has not, ever, been associated with Procorre or any other scheme.

WTT has not, ever, promoted a scheme.

BG has not, ever been associated with selling any products.

The people behind WTT and BG have not ever been engaged by others to sell schemes.

BG does have members who have used the Procorre and related schemes. None of them use these schemes any more and most left before joining BG.

You may have an opinion of BG and WTT but unlike other advisers here, our interest in users of schemes is in dealing with their HMRC position and we have never had any hand in getting them involved in arrangements.
    The above is blatant advertising by BG / WTT - Is this forum really the place for "advisers" to tout for business?

Comment

Originally posted by dog View Post
      The above is blatant advertising by BG / WTT - Is this forum really the place for "advisers" to tout for business?
      Yes, when that "touting" is focused on a particular group who need their help and who have been vetted and approved by the site's management as being genuine.

It's your opinion that this is the wrong way to do things, Fair enough, you are perfectly free to express that opinion. Others have a different opinion. End of.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Nope he just seems to be correcting what I (if I was him / WTT) would regard as unsubstantiated libel.

I do find it interesting how many posters on here attack the various people offering to help people invoived in schemes but don't offer any solution themselves.
        Last edited by madame SasGuru; 13 March 2018, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
          Nope he just seems to be correcting what I (if I was him / WTT) would regard as unsubstantiated libel.

I do find it interesting how many posters on here attack the various people offering to help people invoived in schemes but don't offer any solution themselves.
          Is this forum really the place for 'professional' advisers to target personal abuse towards an individual?

An adviser abuses an individual on a public forum, and thinks that this is 'good' "professional" conduct. Hmmm...

And you referring to me as "he" / "him" is additionally being sexist.
          Last edited by dog; 13 March 2018, 15:34.

Comment

Which part of my response could by any stretch of the imagination be deemed to "personal abuse"?

Given that all I've done is laid out some facts that previously you seemed to be unaware of, I fail to see any personal element.

However I fear that you wish to make this into a personal issue and that is not what this forum is for.

I will therefore decline to respond further.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Is this forum really the place for 'professional' advisers to target personal abuse towards an individual?

An adviser abuses an individual on a public forum, and thinks that this is good "professional" conduct. Hmmm...
              What abuse is anyone giving you? All I see as an unbiased 3rd party is unprovoked unsubstantiated attacks from you aimed at others which may discourage people from facing up to the reality they find themselves in.

But I'll give you a chance to proof me wrong...
              Pretend I am someone who was tricked into joining a Procorre scheme. Who would you recommend I turn to for unbiased advice that will help me settle with HMRC? Or if you can't recommend someone what should I do?

Attacking someone willing to help when you aren't providing advice yourself isn't much help to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
                What abuse is anyone giving you? All I see as an unbiased 3rd party is unprovoked unsubstantiated attacks from you aimed at others which may discourage people from facing up to the reality they find themselves in.

But I'll give you a chance to proof me wrong...
                Pretend I am someone who was tricked into joining a Procorre scheme. Who would you recommend I turn to for unbiased advice that will help me settle with HMRC? Or if you can't recommend someone what should I do?

Attacking someone willing to help when you aren't providing advice yourself isn't much help to anyone.

An adviser abuses an individual on a public forum, and thinks that this is 'good' "professional" conduct. Hmmm...

And you referring to me in your earlier post as "he" / "him" is additionally being sexist.
                Last edited by dog; 13 March 2018, 15:50.

Comment

This forum is the place for people to seek help and provide advice.

If you don’t like it you are welcome to find a new home.

Disrupting this thread will not be tolerated.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And you referring to me in your earlier post as "he" / "him" is additionally being sexist.
                    Not that you will see this but when I referred to him I was referring to webberg who I know is male....

Meanwhile we can get back on topic and with the advice that at worst there is no harm in checking with a 3rd person what you can do to resolve any issues you have with a bill from HMRC.

Comment

2012/13 Profit Share Figure

Has anyone had their 2012/13 Profit Share Figure from Glen May yet?
                      Time is running out to get it this tax year - as promised.

Been trying to get a response from them for a few weeks now - NOTHING !!!

Not very reassuring. Not happy, especially since I’m making “payments on account” based on receiving this figure annually.

Come on Glen May, get onto this.

Comment

Working...
                      X