• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please read this if you are desperate and feel you are running out of options

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spuddytat35 View Post
    your linkedin page is unavailable

please can you advise? or give a number to call
    try : https://www.linkedin.com/in/graham-webber-cta-a9b3aa8a/

Comment

HMRC will accept IVAs and CVAs

It is possible to do IVAs for contractors rather than a full-blown bankruptcy. The fear of HMRC is often more than the reality

Liquidation Case Study Small Hampshire IT Consultancy Company - Company Rescue
      Last edited by Montymoore; 30 October 2018, 14:19.

Comment

A timely reminder:

You are not on your own in this.

Contact the Loan Charge Action Group and the Samaritans if you’re feeling overwhelmed.

They will be able to offer support and point you in the right direction.

Also read this thread and look up the post immediately above this one.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

To be honest I havent been following much around the loan charge issues as it hasnt affected me (I give credit to this forum for that)
          came across an article today that said there have been 7 suicides linked to HMRC hitting people with the loan charge.
          Started to read more into it, really sad to hear and from what the article says, the way HMRC have been acting is disgusting

Just wanted to say good luck to all those having to go through it. Keep your chin up and I hope it works out.
          As the OP says, dont suffer in silence. Speak to someone, whether its friends, family or a professional.

MU

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
            To be honest I havent been following much around the loan charge issues as it hasnt affected me (I give credit to this forum for that)
            came across an article today that said there have been 7 suicides linked to HMRC hitting people with the loan charge.
            Started to read more into it, really sad to hear and from what the article says, the way HMRC have been acting is disgusting

Just wanted to say good luck to all those having to go through it. Keep your chin up and I hope it works out.
            As the OP says, dont suffer in silence. Speak to someone, whether its friends, family or a professional.

MU
            Thanks for that post MU and for not being a part of the 'You deserve it' crew.
            STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Phil Manley has been up most of the night talking to someone whose wife found him writing a suicide note. Please reach out if you need help. There is almost always someone on CUK who will help you. And of course Graham has been superb in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Phil Manley has been up most of the night talking to someone whose wife found him writing a suicide note. Please reach out if you need help. There is almost always someone on CUK who will help you. And of course Graham has been superb in this area.
                Also remember that you are not alone in this mess. If you feel that you are unable to cope, text ‘LCAG HELP’ to 81025 and a member of their team will call you back. No more lives need to be lost.

There are also these useful links:

Useful Links - Loan Charge Action Group

Comment

And if it’s not HMRC it’s bottom-feeding, low-life solicitors.

You are more important to us than they are - take care of yourselves.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

We have me plus five others in the office, happy to take a call about any of this mess.

It's free.

We don't judge.

There's no obligation.

You can remain anonymous if you wish.

If you are feeling beat up about all of this - CALL us.

If you don't want to talk.

[email protected] and we'll get back to you.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      And if it’s not HMRC it’s bottom-feeding, low-life solicitors.

You are more important to us than they are - take care of yourselves.
                      Very true as general advice, cojak. I'm a newbie to this forum - but not to being an 'equine contractor' - as a rider and trainer, then an employer of riders and a breeder and seller of Irish Draughts. And - of course - handling 'contractors' - every sort from a LOUSY roofer - to a great haylage supplier etc.

Before Christmas (2019) I was driven to actually write to my MP in the forlorn hope he might help me with a problem that was interfering with almost everything I tried to do: a Temporary - but wrong - National Insurance number. I was facing fine's: on 3 Accounts with HMRC - for late tax assessments. Of course, I had never had to do these before - my late husband always took 'control'

But just yesterday, I received e-mail from that MP (Philip Dunne) and a letter from a Complaints Manager at HMRC. The problem he was dealing with was simple AND crazy. Because of the wrong NI Number, I didn't exist: as a taxpayer, as an Employer, or as 70 year old woman that had applied for a pension I'd been 'buying' for about 27 years! Didn't stop HMRC taking tax, NI etc from me for all that time, of course - but now that I need to give them more money, no way will they help. I have jumped through all their hoops, many times, to no avail. I have tried to get support/help from them - it doesn't exist!

So what happens next? If I don't pay my fines, will they have me arrested? It will cost more to keep me in prison, I think!! Does my MP (Philip Dunne) actually give a damn, ? I have seen no evidence of that until yesterday. A bit like winning the lottery! He told my MP: “I will be writing to her today to confirm that the Late Filing Penalties have been cancelled, and to offer any further assistance that she may need, during what I appreciate is a very difficult time for her.” (yep - just a bit!) The letter was a grovelling apology for their errors - even the promise the deptartment would refund £50 as compensation for their ‘errors’. Whether it means I might get a pension before I get to 80 is anyone's guess. Fortunately, thanks to two private pensions, success is no big deal - poverty isn't one of my problems with HMRC - and not least that my late husband sold his part of a successful IT networking company to Capita! And since I found out just how many Government services are provided my that Mega-Contractor - and how many they make a mess of, it has been very horrifying to find out how much Capita makes from those contractors, how badly it handles most of them, and how many parts of everyones lives that are 'interfered' with in the process. Everyone - including illegal immigrants; TV licence holders, HMRC 'victims, A-levels: Heads warn of 'unfair' grades for students - BBC News - even Army recruitment, fall under the grip of their 'services'! There is even a website hosting some excellent articles about Crapita - and for a while I thought I had named the company that!

I've rambled on more than enough, I think. Of course, the problem with my 'contracting' now is that I had an x-ray of my thoracic spine on Tuesday and discovered I have a stress fracture of my spine: of course, the NHS is a 'victim of Crapita too!

Comment

Working...
                      X