• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catanonia View Post
    Thanks for your post, if I struggle is this something we could deal with between us privately ?
    Of course.

PM if you wish.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Of course.

PM if you wish.
      Thank you, book marked in case my adviser struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by catesby View Post
        Just joined after reading all the previous threads on this subject and frantically scrabbling around for anything which will give some guidance to this predicament - I can see I'm not alone after scouring everyone else's posts and that in itself is more than a crumb of comfort amidst this sorry mess.

I received mails from both KHT and PCL last week - all with the same content as other posts have previously detailed, advising me to contact either Vanquish Options or PTS Ltd for 'opportunities' and choices in how to deal with the new legislation. From what I've read here, it seems as if all those options being offered by their associates are just likely to land me in even hotter water, so I'm steeling myself for whatever other option might work. I've tried to digest as much information as possible in a short space of time and feel utterly overwhelmed at the scale and complexity of it - the wise counsel and words here have helped more than anything else I've found in recent days.

I've already contacted WTT and have an appointment booked for next week for an initial consultation - my sincere and very public thanks to those who are attempting to assist during this bl**dy awful time.
        Wise to talk to WTT, Catesby, I've done the same. A big element of my sheer panic was my utter ignorance; talking to someone who knows the landscape and tells it how it is is a massive help.

Runster

Comment

Originally posted by Runster View Post
          Wise to talk to WTT, Catesby, I've done the same. A big element of my sheer panic was my utter ignorance; talking to someone who knows the landscape and tells it how it is is a massive help.

Runster
          Thanks a lot Runster - the support, advice and understanding on this forum for those affected is pretty humbling, so I just count myself fortunate that I found it myself when I didn't know which way to turn. Blame myself mostly - naive and complacent when I should have been a great deal more aware of the shortcomings with these schemes that many others were quick to spot. Walking blind - a lesson I won't forget in a hurry.

Comment

Thanks a lot Runster - the support, advice and understanding on this forum for those affected is pretty humbling, so I just count myself fortunate that I found it myself when I didn't know which way to turn. Blame myself mostly - naive and complacent when I should have been a great deal more aware of the shortcomings with these schemes that many others were quick to spot. Walking blind - a lesson I won't forget in a hurry.
            I certainly wouldn't beat yourself up on it as its not a case of being naïve. I've worked in tax for many a year and this retrospective taxation isn't something I ever expected to come across. The best way forward is doing exactly what your doing - keep talking to people on this forum (and not just the advisors, there's many forum users on here now who have done their own research and are incredibly knowledgeable about it all - Lone Ranger for example is excellent for this forum) then once you fully understand all the options, make a decision then. There's still time before you have to register for settlement and whilst may not seem it at the moment, it will be over sooner or later and can move forward in life. Obv I'm happy to assist if you have any questions along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
              I certainly wouldn't beat yourself up on it as its not a case of being naïve. I've worked in tax for many a year and this retrospective taxation isn't something I ever expected to come across. The best way forward is doing exactly what your doing - keep talking to people on this forum (and not just the advisors, there's many forum users on here now who have done their own research and are incredibly knowledgeable about it all - Lone Ranger for example is excellent for this forum) then once you fully understand all the options, make a decision then. There's still time before you have to register for settlement and whilst may not seem it at the moment, it will be over sooner or later and can move forward in life. Obv I'm happy to assist if you have any questions along the way.
              Thanks so much Phil - it's been a godsend over the last few days and it's supremely comforting to know there is a community on here that willingly shares the kind of information we all need. I'm going to spend tonight and the whole weekend trying to trawl through all these threads and compiling an outline of my own situation for next week, so that any advice / counsel from WTT has a base from which to work. Should I need any additional help (which I think is an understatement at this moment in time), I will happily take you up on your kind offer - sincere thanks again.

Comment

Thanks so much Phil - it's been a godsend over the last few days and it's supremely comforting to know there is a community on here that willingly shares the kind of information we all need. I'm going to spend tonight and the whole weekend trying to trawl through all these threads and compiling an outline of my own situation for next week, so that any advice / counsel from WTT has a base from which to work. Should I need any additional help (which I think is an understatement at this moment in time), I will happily take you up on your kind offer - sincere thanks again.
                Feel free to PM me if you like, I have been going through it for the last 2 years and it knocked me for 6. I knew it was going to happen though back in 2014 when I got out, so in reality it has been over 4 years.

Steve

Comment

Feel free to PM me if you like, I have been going through it for the last 2 years and it knocked me for 6. I knew it was going to happen though back in 2014 when I got out, so in reality it has been over 4 years.

Steve
                  Thanks mate.

I'm off to the Dom Rep for 11 days tomorrow and I plan to think about this whole clusterfk, precisely nil. Likely my last lavish holiday for the next 2-3 years and I plan to enjoy it - worrying simply isn't productive.

When I get back, register, arrange an advisory service, submit and wait...

Comment

Got my settlement letter today. £33k for 18months at £400 a day with AML.

Comment

Got my settlement letter today. £33k for 18months at £400 a day with AML.
                      Hi,

Did your Settlement Letter come from HMRC or AML? If HMRC - did you have to register on their site to receive it?

Comment

Working...
                      X