• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surreypanic View Post
    Yes I am still currently with Sp as I wait to migrate to a more robust solution and have received the same emails.

It’s not just for previous subscribers to the services
    I’m with SPM, I got the emails and I’m looking for a robust solution. Will govt legislate to retrospectively put all Ltd company contractors inside IR35 and ruin us all over again? Is PAYE the only option? What a lash-up!

Comment

Originally posted by surreypanic View Post
      Yes I am still currently with Sp as I wait to migrate to a more robust solution and have received the same emails.

It’s not just for previous subscribers to the services
      Be clear.

The only "robust solution" is to pay the tax HMRC think is due.

Everything after that carries a risk.

The risk is that current or new legislation will not give you the result you want.

The risk is also that a Court may decide that what you did was ineffective.

If you want to pay less tax than HMRC think you should, prepare to defend what you do.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi I am a newbie so can't PM yet, just got my emails yesterday and will have a life changing bill to pay one way or another.

Are there any independent Tax advisers on here that could get in touch with me please?

I was once told it wasn't allowed to remortgage your house to pay a tax bill. Is this nonsense or is there some truth in it? I fear this is my only realistic option.

Thanks in advance, and I feel deeply for all of you out there who have been dropped in it, seemingly deliberately, by this rotten system.

Comment

Originally posted by willem dafoe View Post
          Hi I am a newbie so can't PM yet, just got my emails yesterday and will have a life changing bill to pay one way or another.

Are there any independent Tax advisers on here that could get in touch with me please?

I was once told it wasn't allowed to remortgage your house to pay a tax bill. Is this nonsense or is there some truth in it? I fear this is my only realistic option.

Thanks in advance, and I feel deeply for all of you out there who have been dropped in it, seemingly deliberately, by this rotten system.
          Independent tax advisers are not really allowed to overtly advertise in the threads.

You should cruise the threads and find some names you think are saying something sensible and then Google is your friend.

Some mortgage lenders will not refinance if they think the money is being used to settle a tax bill. Some might. I would caution against being dishonest in any application for a re-mortgage.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Runster View Post
            I’m with SPM, I got the emails and I’m looking for a robust solution. Will govt legislate to retrospectively put all Ltd company contractors inside IR35 and ruin us all over again? Is PAYE the only option? What a lash-up!
            I was with SPM also and filed self employed tax returns. I am not comfortable using PTS or Vanquish as they both are charging unreasonable fee for settlement and repayment. Have you considered the option of contacting HMRC directly or using another tax advisor?

Comment

Im part way along the settlement route and so far done it alone, nothing as yet (partly due to long delays in replies etc) has raised the need for a tax advisor.

Its the scheme providor who are proving more of a obstacle in getting info out of especially now they are offering a settlement service for a fee to us ex clients. Im pretty stubborn tho so refuse to be drawn into those tactics.

Comment

I think I'll use WTT because I think they will also ensure the loans are written off and I'm not sure how my pension contributions will reduce my tax liability.

Comment

AML 2019 Loan Charge

I asked AML for the loan amounts which they have given me. Then I asked for details about the partnership payments (minimum wage) I also received but they said the partnership payments were included in the loan totals so I'm a bit confused about that. The bank is sending out all my bank statements for the tax years in question so hopefully all will become clearer.
                  Last edited by LOL17; 2 May 2018, 15:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ric_77 View Post
                    Im part way along the settlement route and so far done it alone, nothing as yet (partly due to long delays in replies etc) has raised the need for a tax advisor.

Its the scheme providor who are proving more of a obstacle in getting info out of especially now they are offering a settlement service for a fee to us ex clients. Im pretty stubborn tho so refuse to be drawn into those tactics.
                    Can you please guide how did you approach HMRC for settlement? I would like to sign up for settlement by 31 May but I am not sure how to do it - myself or via a tax advisor?

Comment

Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
                      I think I'll use WTT because I think they will also ensure the loans are written off and I'm not sure how my pension contributions will reduce my tax liability.
                      yes this is something i will need professional advice on depending on how things pan out

Comment

Working...
                      X