• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky123 View Post
    I agree with the intent of the petition, but isn’t there a risk your details would just be passed to HMRC to look into you if you sign it?
    I'd probably worry a bit about that too...the petition site states "We won't publish your personal details anywhere or use them for anything other than this petition. We will email you about this petition, and nothing else. You can unsubscribe at any time." - so I guess I'd probably want to know in what capacity they may want to "use" my details in relation to the petition...that said, surely anyone could sign it even if they aren't impacted by the LC, and probably many of us on here are already in the spotlight with HMRC anyway, so is it going to harm us more? Can't see how...strength in numbers, if we want to try and affect a change, then I guess we should all be signing...

Not sure if I'm convincing myself of others i do feel strongly that we should be fighting back, but of course the stress of the whole situation does create a feeling of insecurity in doing so :S sigh. thoughts anyone else?!

Comment

If they pass the info on, it's illegal. But I am getting friends etc to sign. So HMRC will get nowhere with them.
      Plus I guess they already know all the scheme supplier's. They also know who worked for them. So not difficult to find out who to chase.
      Only thing is I think it's dipsicable that they are not contacting everyone now to offer them clso2, not waiting till some time in the future. When they can charge more and add fines for none disclosure.

Comment

sign petition

Worth signing this petition if you oppose the 2019 Loan Charge. We need minimum 10,000 signatures.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218582

The personal data of petitioner will not be published. Please do not worry about your details, a big IF, shared with HMRC. Don't forget that the scheme provider is going to pass your details anyways in Sep 2019.

Comment

Who prepared and submitted your tax returns? You or AML (or whichever scheme provider you used.). Have you ever written to HMRC stating that a scheme provider is an agent acting on your behalf. What I'm getting at is that HMRC probably already know.

Comment

PTS/Vanquish

Hi
            New poster on here and probably as worried and confused as a number of other people here.
            I only used the scheme for around 8 months and have started to go down the route via a company called PTS Limited (as advised in the original letter form Knox and SP Management).
            Apparently I have to give PTS limited my permission to approach SP Management Limited to find out what my figures are. Strangely enough, SP Managment themselves say that this information is held by an 'old SP Management' company (which I cant differentiate from the existing one) which PTS will approach... (why cant SP Management contact SP Management for this?).
            If I recall correctly I was on a certain scheme from October to April when SP Management changed the terms and shifted the arrangement to Malta. As a settlement of tax would this only cover the October to April period? (6 months)

Comment

Originally posted by Runster View Post
              Yes, trying to get a chat with webberg, but he's off line at moment. Are AML and Carnegie Knox the same organisation, do you know?
              Yes they are. Carnegie Knox and AML fall under Knox House Ltd I believe, they are certainly affiliated.

Comment

Originally posted by kev1n View Post
                Yes they are. Carnegie Knox and AML fall under Knox House Ltd I believe, they are certainly affiliated.
                Carnegie Knox may be part of the empire, but their current business model is more akin to a standard accountant than anything bending/breaking the rules.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Trying to get a handle on all this.

Hi all
                  Thank you for all the posts in this thread. I believe I have read every one avidly over the last week. I have also found some other similar threads in the forum.

Was receiving loans via PBT and PSC not sure if the liability is the same.

I have spoken with PTS - although not terribly helpful - and have been reluctant to give me their pricing structure without me receiving an engagement pack. I will at least use their 'free' service to get my loan amount details.

Has anyone bothered to deal with PTS for anything other than loan amounts?

I intend to declare intent to settle - not sure if via PTS or direct with HMRC or both.

I need to do this soon as I will be away from next week.

I m concerned that if I settle will they still come after me for IHT on the closed down loan?

Will settling mean they no longer come after me regarding the Dotas letters they sent for tax years 2011-2014?

I would love to talk to an independent advisor and I see that there are 2 posting on here but I don't have their details. As a newbie it might be a while before I can pm anyone?

Help gratefully received.

Comment

Mp insights

Hi all
                    I had a meeting with my MP last week, who had no ideq about this. I presented what information i could, mostly info on AML and Knox and how they are gettig away with murder and the government havent helped by stitching up the individuals who are an easy target.
                    I would like to provide his some hard evidence of the hardship this is causing. I have read comments on here about people contemplating suicide and heart attacks - sadly i feqr if may take a death to get MPs to listen.
                    Does anybody have any evidence, a report, anything usefulni can send him to give him a solid background?

Is anybody holding out hope that HMRC may get a legal challenge to stop april 2019 charge?

Comment

Originally posted by kentishlad View Post
                      Hi
                      New poster on here and probably as worried and confused as a number of other people here.
                      I only used the scheme for around 8 months and have started to go down the route via a company called PTS Limited (as advised in the original letter form Knox and SP Management).
                      Apparently I have to give PTS limited my permission to approach SP Management Limited to find out what my figures are. Strangely enough, SP Managment themselves say that this information is held by an 'old SP Management' company (which I cant differentiate from the existing one) which PTS will approach... (why cant SP Management contact SP Management for this?).
                      If I recall correctly I was on a certain scheme from October to April when SP Management changed the terms and shifted the arrangement to Malta. As a settlement of tax would this only cover the October to April period? (6 months)
                      They told me the same - SP Mgt IoM scheme is caught by the loan charge, but SP Mgt Malta is not. They also told me if I worked through PCL via a Ltd conpany versus via self employment, one is caught, one is not, but the woman at PTS I spoke to was, I think, an opportunistic cleaner rather that a tax consultant so I couldn’t make sense of which was which. I am highly skeptical of all this, needless to say.

Comment

Working...
                      X