• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
    AML always quoted they were compliant with HRMC, they told me when I signed up for the LTD company option that this is what HMRC have advised to do to stay within their compliance.
    In which case, they were spouting a load of rubbish. HMRC would never approve a scheme like this or say it was compliant.

Comment

It seems that none of the schemes are approved yet able to trade this way... Leaving the contractor with a mountain of debt. Can no-one in HMRC see that? Why go for hundreds of thousands contractors when you can go for the illegitimate companies?

Comment

It seems that none of the schemes are approved yet able to trade this way... Leaving the contractor with a mountain of debt. Can no-one in HMRC see that? Why go for hundreds of thousands contractors when you can go for the illegitimate companies?
        Because, as far as HMRC are concerned, it was the contractors who avoided tax on their income.

But it's true that HMRC have been very lax at stopping companies peddling these schemes.

Comment

Im findng it really quite stressful in dealing with AML following their sudden silence (we all know why) when trying to get any form of historical loans data from them. Been messed about so much by them and now PTS who i made it clear i would not be 'engaging' with but simply needed the info. Literally had enough of them and its just causing too much worry.

So i ended up finding some of it by going through an email archive from around the period when i joined them, i asked if they offered any PAYE service but was always steered into their scheme and assured it was 100% safe and within the guidelines of HMRC. Admittidly some of it was prior to the retrospective law change, but for them to still be offering such schemes to unsuspecting clients and HMRC quite happy to let them conduct business in this way is incredible. Proof thats its the minnows who they are after for easy pickings.

Comment

Having spend some time reading though all of the thread I have a few observations and my own opinion .

What stands out is many people are capitulating.

This is simply extortion. Forcing someone to pay X amount and if you don't then a threat of consequences

If everyone stood firm and didn't cave in then there is no way the hmrc system could cope nor follow up demands. They don't have the resources.

I get the fact that some people are beyond worry.

But worry is a debilitating disease. It permeates every aspect of daily life. Media and society are hell bent on manifesting on people's worries take for example life insurance, home insurance , pet insurance . Did I leave the gas job on, what happens if I can't pay, what if my job tommorow isn't there anymore. The list goes on.

so in my opinion I will Do things that can make a difference and contact every mp I can, share the petition and make more people aware of this and its impact.

But I'm not going to start contacting the hmrc and looking for ways to settle. Makes their job a lot easier, like candy from a baby,

Il deal with it as of when if ever I get a demand for payment through the door after April 2019. And a lot can change between now then. they can have the details
            Of the promoter the employer the accountant and whichever other professional gave advise that this would be a beneficial no risk scheme. thankfully my life is kept simple I don't own expensive cars, homes or stacks of money. Clothes on my back, dog and my wife all I need. Thanks .

Comment

The more I read, the more I believe AML and accountants who promoted these schemes should be locked up.

They have sold planning that had zero chance of success and because HMRC have changed the law afterwards - do you have any leg to stand on in terms of taking legal action against them?

They have basically stolen money from me, and now HMRC is taking everything I have left.

Its like you have been robbed by a professional tradesman you paid to do a job, you then call the police and when the police turn up 20 years later, they are taking whatever the thieves didn't steal.

Is there any hope??? I feel totally lost and even considering leaving the country.
              Could you move to Dubai or any other country to avoid this?

Comment

AML always quoted they were compliant with HRMC, they told me when I signed up for the LTD company option that this is what HMRC have advised to do to stay within their compliance.
                I have seen schemes say that the DOTAS number means that they have been "approved" by HMRC, which is completely wrong.

HMRC tend not to tell people how to side step the tax rules either. While they didn't do much to stop loan schemes before 2009 (a few cases went to the courts but not that much else that i remember), they did say this in August 2009: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nheritance-tax [I know this is dated August 2010 but it was originally published nearly a year before that.]

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
                  I have seen schemes say that the DOTAS number means that they have been "approved" by HMRC, which is completely wrong.
                  Yes, I've seen that too.

I know someone who went to a promotional seminar, held by a scheme, and asked the question "is the scheme under investigation by HMRC?" and was told No, whereas the scheme had in fact been under enquiry for 3 years.

There were a lot of untruths and misinformation used to sell these schemes.

Comment

AML email for loan details

ric_77 and all other former AML users struggling to get loan details

I received emails from the following mail account and, with success (and persistence) managed to retrieve all of my loan amounts per month for all years I was with them. They take a while to respond but stick with it and you may just get what you need. PTS not required and no fee to pay

[email protected]

Comment

ric_77 and all other former AML users struggling to get loan details

I received emails from the following mail account and, with success (and persistence) managed to retrieve all of my loan amounts per month for all years I was with them. They take a while to respond but stick with it and you may just get what you need. PTS not required and no fee to pay

[email protected]
                      I sent an email with a SARs request... got my info in 2 days

Comment

Working...
                      X