• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schemes like Vanquish which claim to bypass the Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schemes like Vanquish which claim to bypass the Loan Charge

These schemes are extremely aggressive and very high risk.

In case you aren't aware of this, the LC is a law passed by Parliament. It was a major part of the Budget. Anyone using a scheme, to get around it, would be regarded as deliberately and wilfully flouting the law.

HMRC have to uphold the law, and they have already said that they will crack down hard on any arrangements which attempt to circumvent it.

There is a high likelihood of harsh penalties.

Think very carefully before embarking on this perilous path!

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
    These schemes are extremely aggressive and very high risk.

In case you aren't aware of this, the LC is a law passed by Parliament. It was a major part of the Budget. Anyone using a scheme, to get around it, would be regarded as deliberately and wilfully flouting the law.

HMRC have to uphold the law, and they have already said that they will crack down hard on any arrangements which attempt to circumvent it.

There is a high likelihood of harsh penalties.

Think very carefully before embarking on this perilous path!

I know this sounds like a broken record but the fact that these new schemes are even allowed to suggest LC workarounds/solutions that would leave us even more vulnerable and subject to HMRC enforcement is dispicable!

HMRC and the government is allowing this to unfold is shameful!

Comment

I think this needs to be made a sticky atm.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by jrock View Post
          I know this sounds like a broken record but the fact that these new schemes are even allowed to suggest LC workarounds/solutions that would leave us even more vulnerable and subject to HMRC enforcement is dispicable!

HMRC and the government is allowing this to unfold is shameful!
          What can HMG and/or HMRC do? These people aren't even in the UK. They don't appear to be breaking any laws or rules. They may be blood sucking dispicable leeches who are preying on a bunch of suckers they already have on their mailing list. But as far as I can see, having a suckers list and trying to fleece them for a second or a third time isn't as far as I can see, anything that anyone can do much about.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            What can HMG and/or HMRC do? These people aren't even in the UK. They don't appear to be breaking any laws or rules.
            Sort stuff like this out for a start - linky
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Always loop-holes

Unfortunately there are always work-arounds and loopholes that these companies find. Once HMRC close one, another opens up.

I can't see them disappearing anytime soon, however people are becoming more aware and wary of them which is a good sign.

Instead of years ago people being coerced and maybe mis-sold these arrangements, contractors are becoming more vocal, asking more questions and standing up for themselves. This forum is an excellent example of such, where everyone comes together to chat and discuss what is going on. There will always be these types of arrangements around in some form or another, but through the method of social media (thank goodness for social media - I never thought I would say that (not a major fan)) there are becoming fewer and fewer walls for these arrangements to hide behind as everyone is getting more clued up by the minute.

You are not alone in this, and there will be people who feel that by joining a new scheme is the best option for them. Although we would never tell someone not to join (that is only a decision you alone can make) please take a moment and think about it before you sign up to anything. As the old saying goes, 'if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is'.

Comment

Originally posted by Associate Services View Post
                Unfortunately there are always work-arounds and loopholes that these companies find. Once HMRC close one, another opens up.

I can't see them disappearing anytime soon, however people are becoming more aware and wary of them which is a good sign.

Instead of years ago people being coerced and maybe mis-sold these arrangements, contractors are becoming more vocal, asking more questions and standing up for themselves. This forum is an excellent example of such, where everyone comes together to chat and discuss what is going on. There will always be these types of arrangements around in some form or another, but through the method of social media (thank goodness for social media - I never thought I would say that (not a major fan)) there are becoming fewer and fewer walls for these arrangements to hide behind as everyone is getting more clued up by the minute.

You are not alone in this, and there will be people who feel that by joining a new scheme is the best option for them. Although we would never tell someone not to join (that is only a decision you alone can make) please take a moment and think about it before you sign up to anything. As the old saying goes, 'if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is'.
                I hope you aren't this guy, back for another pop

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...36162/officers

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post

Funnily enough, I'm about to ban them.

1. Why do they hide your company information from Nominet?
                  2. Why does their website redirect to spam?
                  4. What IOM business are they related to?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post

If I discover he is his tenure here will be very short indeed...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X