• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC & Settlement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after sending the email (for registration on CLSO2) should one expect a response from HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      How long after sending the email (for registration on CLSO2) should one expect a response from HMRC?
      Seems to vary from a matter of days to a few months! I expect the delays are going to continue to increase as we reach the deadline.

Comment

Time To Pay...one for you Phil...

If we pay the LC then when would HMRC expect payment?
        What period would one (realistically) get as a TTP for the LC?
        Could one argue with HMRC to align settlement with these dates?

Comment

Unfortunately HMRC have no reason at all to speed along and process the thousands of enquiries they have. No other organisation gets rewarded for piss poor service like HMRC, as for everyday that passes by they will add interest onto your liability. Its perverse and morally wrong that this is allowed.
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

18 weeks and counting

Comment

Originally posted by demby View Post
              18 weeks and counting
              Are you sure you're registered?

And what if they don't respond by May 31st, the deadline?

Comment

Are you sure you're registered?

And what if they don't respond by May 31st, the deadline?
                HMRC don't need to respond by then.

So long as you can prove you have registered an interest, you have met the criteria.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

You should receive a unique reference number along with your settlement pack, so I would ensure you have one of those for 100% certainty.
                  STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
                    You should receive a unique reference number along with your settlement pack, so I would ensure you have one of those for 100% certainty.
                    The guy above has been waiting 18 weeks for this!

The email does return an automated message with some kind of unique reference number, but it's not clear that this means HMRC will have registered that person.

Comment

Vanquish Option

I spoke to their rep today. She apparently couldn't tell me how many people had signed up, but said it was quite popular giving a range of options as to why from being the cheapest, people not willing to cave in, to feeling that they have no other option. I asked her why 5% and all she could say was it is the providers fee. I asked her about the level of risk, she seemed a bit thrown by that, but did acknowledge that the 'alternative lending option' with 'complex' mechanics, could leave you open to further challenge down the line, so felt like it was kicking the problem down the road and admitted that HMG could pass another piece of legislation to counter this in the future. I've also heard talk of possible further very hefty penalties being dished out with these sort of options i.e. 60%. So, this feels high risk to me and not for the faint hearted. She said there was a £250 engagement fee, followed by a down payment between £500-1000 in Oct, followed by the rest of the 5% in Jan, but you could spread the payments, with the usual interest I'm guessing. No refund clauses allowed in the agreement. I got the impression that she saw me as being too cautious for this, based on the questions I was asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X