• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC & Settlement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincenth1 View Post
    I spoke to their rep today. She apparently couldn't tell me how many people had signed up, but said it was quite popular giving a range of options as to why from being the cheapest, people not willing to cave in, to feeling that they have no other option. I asked her why 5% and all she could say was it is the providers fee. I asked her about the level of risk, she seemed a bit thrown by that, but did acknowledge that the 'alternative lending option' with 'complex' mechanics, could leave you open to further challenge down the line, so felt like it was kicking the problem down the road and admitted that HMG could pass another piece of legislation to counter this in the future. I've also heard talk of possible further very hefty penalties being dished out with these sort of options i.e. 60%. So, this feels high risk to me and not for the faint hearted. She said there was a £250 engagement fee, followed by a down payment between £500-1000 in Oct, followed by the rest of the 5% in Jan, but you could spread the payments, with the usual interest I'm guessing. No refund clauses allowed in the agreement. I got the impression that she saw me as being too cautious for this, based on the questions I was asking.
    Sounds like she had to deviate from her sales script a little too much for her liking. Please tell me you are not contemplating this option ?

Comment

Contact

How can I contact phil@dswtres?

Comment

How can I contact phil@dswtres?
        As the wise man said to me last week, Google is your friend!
        DSW as a guide...

Comment

phil

How do I contact phil@dswtres

Comment

Vanquish Option

No, just wanted to pass on the news

Comment

How do I contact phil@dswtres
              I’ll PM you my number

Comment

Originally posted by superbean View Post
                As the wise man said to me last week, Google is your friend!
                DSW as a guide...
                Haha cryptic clues to talk to me.....makes me sound much more mysterious or even interesting than I am in reality!

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
                  I’ll PM you my number
                  can I have your number as well please. Not sure how is it shared here! I am new to this forum stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
                    Haha cryptic clues to talk to me.....makes me sound much more mysterious or even interesting than I am in reality!
                    Hello Phil, I am new as well and been trying my best to research and understand this whole situation. Would you mind if I contact you? I can not PM people. I didn't just want to call. I feel awkward posting, I feel awkward contacting someone cold and Im on the verge of hysterics.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MayMadness View Post
                      Hello Phil, I am new as well and been trying my best to research and understand this whole situation. Would you mind if I contact you? I can not PM people. I didn't just want to call. I feel awkward posting, I feel awkward contacting someone cold and Im on the verge of hysterics.

Thanks
                      Yes of course feel free to call. As many on this forum will confirm, you’re not alone with feeling this way. Let’s have a chat tomorrow and will discuss options and help you through it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X