• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ability of HMRC to enforce APNs in other countries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Endangered Kiwi View Post
    I have sought legal advice in NZ and am happy to share that and the UK advisor's thoughts on that with any NZ residents caught up in this mess. Its always good to know you're not the only one. Not sure if I can pm yet as I have only just joined this forum after reading it on and off for a couple of years.
    Ask admin here to grant you PM privileges. I’m interested to hear what you found out & can also share what I’ve been advised for a different country. Loan Ranger - what country is your friend in that you were referring to at the start of this thread?

Comment

I'm a bit confused by the above two posts.

Let's say you owe £120k, and arrange a TTP over 10 years (120 months).

How much would you have to pay each month? Presumably more than £1000/month, if interest keeps accruing on the unpaid balance.

Is the interest recalculated each month as the debt reduces?

If interest rates go up, does your monthly payment go up?

Comment

Admin...

Originally posted by bandemelbs View Post
        Ask admin here to grant you PM privileges. I’m interested to hear what you found out & can also share what I’ve been advised for a different country. Loan Ranger - what country is your friend in that you were referring to at the start of this thread?
        Ok, keen as to have a chat. Admin can I please have PM privileges so I can contact bandemelbs?

Comment

I have sought legal advice in NZ and am happy to share that and the UK advisor's thoughts on that with any NZ residents caught up in this mess. Its always good to know you're not the only one. Not sure if I can pm yet as I have only just joined this forum after reading it on and off for a couple of years.
          Please send me a PM if you can, would really appreciate a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi2018 View Post
            Please send me a PM if you can, would really appreciate a chat.
            Yeah no worries will message you once I am able

Comment

Yeah no worries will message you once I am able
              Hi, I have sent you a PM too. Cheers

Comment

Hi Guys,
                I am in a similar position. NZ IRD called me a few weeks ago saying that HMRC had been in touch and wanted my details. I got a call last night form HMRC but didn't answer it - thought is was a spammer.
                I have just joined the forum and don't have message rights yet so if there is any info you can share it would be much appreciated.
                Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneroa View Post
                  Hi Guys,
                  I am in a similar position. NZ IRD called me a few weeks ago saying that HMRC had been in touch and wanted my details. I got a call last night form HMRC but didn't answer it - thought is was a spammer.
                  I have just joined the forum and don't have message rights yet so if there is any info you can share it would be much appreciated.
                  Cheers.
                  Why would NZ IRD bother telling you that HMRC wanted your details? And what details? Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if you are from HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by bandemelbs View Post
                    Why would NZ IRD bother telling you that HMRC wanted your details? And what details? Reading between the lines, I wouldn't be surprised if you are from HMRC.
                    Wow, I was not expecting that.
                    They said that HMRC had put in a request for my details from the IRD and they called me to check that they had the correct phone number and address. The lady said that she had a lot of people that HMRC had requested data for. I am guessing that other people can confirm this as they may have also been called.
                    I also said that I would rather she didn't hand over my details and she appologised and said that they had an agreement in place to share information.
                    Happy to meet you in Oneroa (Waiheke Island, Auckland) for a coffee at Wai if you want proof I'm not with HMRC!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneroa View Post
                      Wow, I was not expecting that.
                      They said that HMRC had put in a request for my details from the IRD and they called me to check that they had the correct phone number and address. The lady said that she had a lot of people that HMRC had requested data for. I am guessing that other people can confirm this as they may have also been called.
                      I also said that I would rather she didn't hand over my details and she appologised and said that they had an agreement in place to share information.
                      Happy to meet you in Oneroa (Waiheke Island, Auckland) for a coffee at Wai if you want proof I'm not with HMRC!
                      Just treading carefully as this forum does have snitches. I'm still surprised that you were contacted and that the other parties didn't communicate between themselves. It's almost akin to tipping off someone. I'm wondering if it's due to UK & NZ having a MARD? Have you had snail-mail from HMRC or do they have an old address? Did they also ask NZ for your income details, etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X