• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC settlement Deadlines/delays and the LC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A charge on a property can be applied only by a magistrate. Once applied it appears on your credit record and will make obtaining loans and credit cards more difficult or expensive.

If the property is sold the purchaser and/or the vendor's solicitor has a legal obligation to discharge trhe charge before distributing the other proceeds.

The charge can be repaid and be removed at any time.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Is the PO allowed to sit there indefinitely or is there a point when they can just call it in? Presumably interest still accrues during this time & is added to the secured debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltdoptions View Post
        Is the PO allowed to sit there indefinitely or is there a point when they can just call it in? Presumably interest still accrues during this time & is added to the secured debt?
        Sorry? "PO"?

If the question is about the ability of the charge on the asset attracting interest or whether it is perpetual, your best place for advice is a lawyer or insolvency practitioner.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Yes sorry, I meant charge on property!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltdoptions View Post
            Yes sorry, I meant charge on property!
            I requested a settlement but used the term "loans received" in a direct email to hmrc, they seem to have highlighted this in their response so should i be concerned about other potential taxes?

"you have reported the amounts paid to you & described them as loans from xxx"

Comment

Originally posted by Nissan07 View Post
              I requested a settlement but used the term "loans received" in a direct email to hmrc, they seem to have highlighted this in their response so should i be concerned about other potential taxes?

"you have reported the amounts paid to you & described them as loans from xxx"
              Well that's what it is, they asked for that detail on their website:

Disguised remuneration: settling your tax affairs - GOV.UK

If you’re a contractor, or employee settling separately to your employer, you must tell us:
              the amount of contractor loans or contributions made in each tax year

Comment

Loan Scheme Reference Number?

Hi All,

I am another one of those who was with Target Umbrella and Integra management (Loans).
                I my late self assessment I see an entry for "loan scheme reference number", but I don't have this anywhere in my contracts with these guys! I seem to be going around in circles. I am no longer a contractor and target would not give me any info.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by AZUK View Post
                  Hi All,

I am another one of those who was with Target Umbrella and Integra management (Loans).
                  I my late self assessment I see an entry for "loan scheme reference number", but I don't have this anywhere in my contracts with these guys! I seem to be going around in circles. I am no longer a contractor and target would not give me any info.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance
                  The "loan scheme reference number" may be a reference to a DOTAS number. If Target/Integra were disclosed, you would have had a SRN - scheme reference number - and that may be what is needed.

If the scheme was not disclosed, then you have no number and no need to report it.

My data says it was not disclosed.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    The "loan scheme reference number" may be a reference to a DOTAS number. If Target/Integra were disclosed, you would have had a SRN - scheme reference number - and that may be what is needed.

If the scheme was not disclosed, then you have no number and no need to report it.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have till midnight tonight to reach out to HMRC for a settlement, Integra and Target they told me to ignore that. PANIC - Not sure what to do next!

Thanks again

Comment

Does Settlement apply to non-DOTAS?

Originally posted by webberg View Post

Thank you so much for your reply,

Now, I have till midnight tonight to respond to HMRC for settlement... NOT SURE what to do next...
                      Target/Integra and some of their legals told me that I should not respond.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X