• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC settlement Deadlines/delays and the LC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rec. yesterday, they assume payment by 5 apr so that’s 2 weeks!!! How kind of them, and they have added another few thousand as they made a mistake with calcs. TBF though they have admitted that any delay would not impact me as already engaged....

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
      Rec. yesterday, they assume payment by 5 apr so that’s 2 weeks!!! How kind of them, and they have added another few thousand as they made a mistake with calcs. TBF though they have admitted that any delay would not impact me as already engaged....
      Presumably the assumption of a payment date of 5th April is before you have negotiated a time to pay, so no real drama there?
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I originally asked to spread part of the settlement and pay a lump sum, met the criteria..... however they declined this as a few other years with another scheme I decided not to settle. This basically implied that TTP is only applicable if every single year is settled

Comment

I originally asked to spread part of the settlement and pay a lump sum, met the criteria..... however they declined this as a few other years with another scheme I decided not to settle. This basically implied that TTP is only applicable if every single year is settled
          Then you need to challenge them.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Colfeian View Post
            I received mine at the end of Jan.
            haven't replied yet and they give you 30 days to accept!
            I'm in the same boat, although I received mine earlier than Jan. I wonder if people in our situation are now excluded from the general 'noone will be disadvantaged due to delays' indication, as they got ours done in time but we just didnt act on it?

I need to take a loan out to meet the £50k bill, but have been putting off applying. Thinking of putting half on credit cards and half on a loan. Not sure I'll get all that done by 5 April though.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              Then you need to challenge them.
              While the lump sum is a fairly large sum of money it won’t cripple me, and thinking I’d rather not have to pay another lot of interest on the TTP payments.

Comment

While the lump sum is a fairly large sum of money it won’t cripple me, and thinking I’d rather not have to pay another lot of interest on the TTP payments.
                Then your decision is made.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
                  I'm in the same boat, although I received mine earlier than Jan. I wonder if people in our situation are now excluded from the general 'noone will be disadvantaged due to delays' indication, as they got ours done in time but we just didnt act on it?

I need to take a loan out to meet the £50k bill, but have been putting off applying. Thinking of putting half on credit cards and half on a loan. Not sure I'll get all that done by 5 April though.
                  I've been told you're not allowed to put tax bills on credit cars / loans. I phoned my bank, told them the situation, they said no. So i phoned back straight away and said i wanted a new bathroom, and they said yes...

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
                    I've been told you're not allowed to put tax bills on credit cars / loans. I phoned my bank, told them the situation, they said no. So i phoned back straight away and said i wanted a new bathroom, and they said yes...
                    So you’re advocating committing fraud to secure a loan to pay the LC/settlement figure?

Comment

Originally posted by MyxALot View Post
                      So you’re advocating committing fraud to secure a loan to pay the LC/settlement figure?
                      I've said you're not allowed too, but you can borrow money to buy a new bathroom... I only enquired with my bank Santander as I wanted an interest rate, I've never needed to borrow money before. They're rate was 3.5% vs HMRC's rate of 4.25%. I went with HMRC TTP as I didn't want them to think i've just pulled £100k out of no where, which is what a personal loan might have looked like.

Comment

Working...
                      X