• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC settlement Deadlines/delays and the LC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyxALot View Post
    So you’re advocating committing fraud to secure a loan to pay the LC/settlement figure?
    That is what HMRC are advocating.

Comment

CL5a form

Have received the CL5a form in the settlement back along with my figures.
      does signing it and sending back oblige me to settle?

Comment

My Settlement LC

I have had IQ since Nov 2015 till Aug 2017 approx. I got abt £36k+interest to pay and still waiting to negotiate. I get letters from HMRC only 60 mths. I have 2 heart attacks now and i dont know where i am going to get this payment as I have 3 mouths to feed as well. Looking more like June 2019 latest I will need to declare bankrupt as i got my other bills,cc's etc to settle. This has really got me down so bad never felt like this before in my life. im cleaned out. Hope some of you do better...

Comment

Originally posted by untame274 View Post
          I have had IQ since Nov 2015 till Aug 2017 approx. I got abt £36k+interest to pay and still waiting to negotiate. I get letters from HMRC only 60 mths. I have 2 heart attacks now and i dont know where i am going to get this payment as I have 3 mouths to feed as well. Looking more like June 2019 latest I will need to declare bankrupt as i got my other bills,cc's etc to settle. This has really got me down so bad never felt like this before in my life. im cleaned out. Hope some of you do better...
          You need to contact LCAG and speak to their counsellor.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by untame274 View Post

Please contact ‘LCAG HELP’ to 81025 and a member of their team will call you back -

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
              I've said you're not allowed too, but you can borrow money to buy a new bathroom... I only enquired with my bank Santander as I wanted an interest rate, I've never needed to borrow money before. They're rate was 3.5% vs HMRC's rate of 4.25%. I went with HMRC TTP as I didn't want them to think i've just pulled £100k out of no where, which is what a personal loan might have looked like.
              HMRC don't give a damm where you get the money from as long as it's legal.

Comment

I'd rather give my money to LCAG than HMRC. They've been infinitely more helpful, despite hmrc saying they are here to help us (!).

The only way we can beat this unfair retrospective tax is by fighting together on this. To that end, lcag have started a crowd justice fundraiser here:

Fight Unjust Government Retrospective Laws - Before They Impact You

Even if you can't donate anything, have a read and get onto LCAG. They're a good bunch of people and everyone is in the same boat as most of us reading here.

Comment

Dupe.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
                    HMRC don't give a damm where you get the money from as long as it's legal.
                    Maybe so, but I don't want them to think I've just found 100k laying about. At least TTP backs up my argument "I don't have any money".

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
                      Maybe so, but I don't want them to think I've just found 100k laying about. At least TTP backs up my argument "I don't have any money".
                      HMRC might not care where the money comes from, but your bank will care about why you borrowed it, if you default etc. Quite right to go for TTP over a personal loan.

I also recommend joining LCAG for anybody reading. They are supportive and taking positive action against the Loan Charge. Lots of people in the same boat and sharing ideas. Talking with others there has personally helped me with my stress levels.
                      Last edited by NeedTheSunshine; 25 March 2019, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                      X