• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting tax with HMRC

Hi all,
    I have spoken to HMRC a couple of times and I am awaiting on the person dealing with my Tax to contact me back. I waited a week and called again, the second person said that I am doing the right thing and he has noted on the file that I called a second time and I will not be charged the additional interest after March because I have been trying to contact them and its now been officially noted that I want to settle with HMRC. With regards to THL I am very doubtful that they are legit, but I will always have that niggling doubt, but they cannot come after me to repay the loans for 30 years now 27, and I could be dead and gone by then. So I am just going to ignore all the emails and not respond further. They do however address the email to me not "Dear Sir/Madam" as I stupidly game them my name when registering with them. I have not sent them any details showing the amounts of the loans. I will be responding one last time to ask them to delete all details they have pertaining to me and that I will be seeking legal advise and happy to take them to court.

I will be watching this thread very closely for any new information. I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted, as you have given me renewed confidence that I am doing the right thing.

Cheers

Comment

trust helpline registered london (virtual) office
      Virtual Office Services Royal Exchange, London | BE Offices
      anyone can rent a virtual office
      they will sort your incoming mail for you and the switchboard will forward on your phone calls
      a sham operation if ever I saw one
      sorry for the innocent people who are paying out to these shysters

Comment

Originally posted by agileSean View Post
        Received exactly the same email at 15:00 today. Can I ask which Trustees did you sign up with? I used Winchester.

Just curious as to whether your Trustees and my Trustees both coincidentally decided to up the ante from 5% to 10%, at the same time or is it indeed the same Trust - Winchester (who are dissolved by the way).

Is it possible that THL can be representing Trustees who have been dissolved? Is that a valid scenario? Doesn't make much sense to me, unless you're just trying your luck to get a few people to send a few quids in

Winchester (UK) Limited were dissolved on 28/08/2018 as per WINCHESTER (UK) LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

I was with Garraway. Seems like THL is also controlled by the "trustees" in some shape or form. Now that they dont have the revenue from loans they are trying to make a quick buck with deeds.

I'm getting some advice on Thursday afternoon, will share what I can on this forum.
        Very kind of you if you can share some advice. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggysoft View Post
          If you phone the HMRC helpline they'll tell you that they don't/wouldn't speak to THL and wouldn't ask about whether loans have been repaid / settled.

Also: Dozy B..definitely seems to be a THL rep.
          Have phoned HMRC today and they confirmed the above - they have asked for my correspondence with THL to be forwarded. The person at HMRC was helpful assured call logged, gave name and which office work from for future references. They stated they are not asking for a deed of release and in my situation the loan amount would be negligible for IHT (less than 20k)

Please note I declared all income on my SA, paid and therefore have not registered. I do have a s9 enquiry which they are reviewing.

I also now have a copy of my agreement via Iq and will be seeking independent legal advice. My view is these promotors operators etc and not getting another penny out of me and I will be making a right to be forgotten request and ignoring any further contact from them. I hope this is helpful

Comment

Consultation - Help with Loan Charge and Trust

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Our information is that the sender has been engaged by a number of trustees of schemes to act as either the new trustee or an administrator of the trust.

Clearly we know nothing about arrangements between the company and the trustee.

We have seen similar letters for those who were with Dynamic.

The letter is also correct that you should register an interest in settlement before 31st May.

This is nothing to do with slowing an APN.

I think Dynamic has indicated that one of schemes was not disclosed but that they are now doing so and therefore an APN might be available to HMRC. However, there are a lot of potential issues there such as whether a disclosure now is valid and even then, whether a late disclosure is grounds for an APN.

We are still thinking about the situation that might arise.

As to the motive for this move at this time, we have insufficient information to speculate.
            Hi Webberg,

How do I engage yourself or one of your team for a consultation appointment to discuss the Loan Charge? I've tried to approach local Tax Advisers but I'm not getting too much joy. Would really love to have a consult with someone who actually understands this.

Comment

Originally posted by contractDudeUK View Post
              Very kind of you if you can share some advice. Cheers.
              Yeah, thanks seconded! I was also with IQ and got the identical email about 5% to 10%. Really stressed about these guys and whether they can genuinely call in these loans. I've reached out to one of the professionals on this site for a proper consultation but any info on others experiences is welcomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post
                Have phoned HMRC today and they confirmed the above - they have asked for my correspondence with THL to be forwarded. The person at HMRC was helpful assured call logged, gave name and which office work from for future references. They stated they are not asking for a deed of release and in my situation the loan amount would be negligible for IHT (less than 20k)

Please note I declared all income on my SA, paid and therefore have not registered. I do have a s9 enquiry which they are reviewing.

I also now have a copy of my agreement via Iq and will be seeking independent legal advice. My view is these promotors operators etc and not getting another penny out of me and I will be making a right to be forgotten request and ignoring any further contact from them. I hope this is helpful
                I cannot find a copy of my agreement and that seriously worries me. Also are you saying that if the loan amount is over 20k that would I be Liabilie for IHT?

Comment

HMRC vs THL

No-one should even consider paying both HMRC (in settlement) and THL (to "repay" their loans).

Ask yourself which one has sharper teeth, deeper pockets. Which one has the weight of government behind it?

And what you "owe" is either a loan or tax, it can't logically be both. If you settle, logic says the funds you received were income... thus no legitimate loan is owing (this might need to be challenged in court though).

My advice, for what it's worth - kick these THL clowns into touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Unsure123 View Post
                    I cannot find a copy of my agreement and that seriously worries me. Also are you saying that if the loan amount is over 20k that would I be Liabilie for IHT?
                    I also didn’t have copy but did a SAR to gain information from trust. Took ages but have now got a copy and trying to find the best person to make sense of it - any suggests would be great!

No not saying that. In my situation where by my loans are under 20k and I will not be subject to the loan charge (as declared on SA) advice was should not worry about IHT (even thou helpline is saying IHT implications) as it would be negligible on that amount if if even applied. The sense I got was HMRC are fully aware of the Helpline and are not in any discussions with them - reading between the lines IGNORE THEM - they are just trying a last ditched attempt to get money

Comment

Originally posted by Anto View Post
                      Hi Webberg,

How do I engage yourself or one of your team for a consultation appointment to discuss the Loan Charge? I've tried to approach local Tax Advisers but I'm not getting too much joy. Would really love to have a consult with someone who actually understands this.
                      You can PM me or you can find our details on line - search for WTT Consulting.

In the spirit of fairness, I'll mention that Phil Manley also offers help in this space and if you search for him at DSW you will find his contact details.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X