• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please note before deciding whether to pay for deeds of release

Two things for people to note:

After you request the Deeds you are send blank copies to sign and date. You have until the 15th to pay. Payment is not made to the trustees (ECS) or their masters (Baker Tilly IOM) but to another subsidy of Baker Tilly; DOR Resolutions. Unlike Baker Tilly and ECS, Dor was only set up last year. Which makes me nervous given the history of companies involved with EBTs being dissolved.

DOR DO NOT EXPLICITLY STATE THAT PAYING THEM WILL LEAD TO THE LOAN BEING WRITTEN OFF, OR EVEN THAT YOU WILL GET BACK A COPY OF THE DEEDS SIGNED BY THE TRUSTEES.

All DOR state is that:
    “Once we are in receipt of the two payments, they will be processed and your signed copy documents will be returned to you for your records.”

So you get back your own signed documents... and perhaps nothing else.

While THL have promised that paying will get you the Deed of Release, and free you from the loan, THL are also the only company in this chain of Baker Tilly surrogates who are not owned by Baker Tilly. They are also, again, recently set up. This could all be coincidence or incompetence, but I would not bet that way.

And maybe if you put all the vomit of jumbled communications from THL together they don't actually promise anything that would hold up in a court of law. Just like the scheme providers' promises apparently won't.

Comment

PM me if you have questions

PM me if you want more details or a view of deeds of release etc.

I was planning to pay for the deed of release. But I no longer think paying will get the loan written off.

I could easily be wrong. If I was sensible I wouldn't be in this situation

Comment

Grown up? How dare you sir!

I'm a bald man child with ADHD

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Thank you both for sorting this out as the grownups you obviously are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bemi View Post
          Grown up? How dare you sir!

I'm a bald man child with ADHD
          as am I!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonN View Post
            My ex-husband used Sanzar and its offshoots for many years. A similar story to many - he was pushed into it by his Agency and then it sort of stuck. Then HMRC enquiries drove him into a world of stress and anxiety which he had never suffered from before. My ex was racked with depression and guilt. and our marriage foundered in the tulipstorm that we descended into.

Still - I've supported him through this. HRMC inquiries arrived and we dealt with the Contractor Help Desk and then Cobham Murphy. But Contractor HelpDesk disappeared and Cobham Murphy stopped taking calls. But at least Cobham Murphy was a real entity - someone we could talk to with real people and real names. We dealt with Garraway and Lynda Hogan-Smith who assured us that all enquiries were standard and it was just 'HMRC are trying it on'.

In the end, he decided to settle, my ex found some peace in this. It has cost him a lot emotionally and us both financially, but the fight had gone from him. He's 56, he just wanted some life back. Things improved and we found a way to become friends, living separately and co-parenting our children.

Several weeks ago he started getting emails from the Trust Help Line followed by daily texts. They were asking for 5% to write off the Loans; that's a lot of money which he doesn't have and neither do I. The threats of having to repay the loans drove him back into despair and the upping of his anti-depressants. I told him to just ignore it, there's nothing he can do - he can't afford the 5%, nor the 10% (that it will be tomorrow) and he can never pay the so-called loans back. But I guess it still got to him.

On Sunday he tried to commit suicide, luckily he answered the phone to my daughter who, hearing his slurred voice, called the police from a friends phone; she was on the phone as they broke into his flat. He's very unwell, but past the worst and likely to make a full recovery. I know he used these forums and that some of you will be thinking of following his lead. He's grateful he failed; we have three daughters and he loves them very much.
            Life is precious. None of this hassle is worth losing your life for. Your loved ones and friends will never recover from your loss.
            Our friends and our families have been wonderful, we have support and love and, even as a broken family, we will all get through this.

That's the background, but I'm angry and very confused.
            Trust Help Line and Baker Tilly. Both have made money out of you all, yet they now want more. Why?
            Is there a legitimate reason that my ex is being bombarded day and night with emails and texts? Is he missing something? Am I?
            Can someone explain to me why Trust Help Line texts are still appearing on his phone - this morning in hospital at 3am?

The Trust Help Line website says:
            We also act on behalf of Trustees to work in the Beneficiaries interest.

Can someone explain to me how driving the father of my children to attempt suicide is beneficial to anyone?
            I hope things get better for you all. THL and Baker Tilly's avarice is sickening.

I have no idea why having made so much from us all, they think that pushing people into such a desperate place is in any way in the Beneficiaries interest.

Comment

Going to speaking up a bit more now

Originally posted by AlisonN View Post
              My ex-husband used Sanzar and its offshoots for many years. A similar story to many - he was pushed into it by his Agency and then it sort of stuck. Then HMRC enquiries drove him into a world of stress and anxiety which he had never suffered from before. My ex was racked with depression and guilt. and our marriage foundered in the tulipstorm that we descended into.

Still - I've supported him through this. HRMC inquiries arrived and we dealt with the Contractor Help Desk and then Cobham Murphy. But Contractor HelpDesk disappeared and Cobham Murphy stopped taking calls. But at least Cobham Murphy was a real entity - someone we could talk to with real people and real names. We dealt with Garraway and Lynda Hogan-Smith who assured us that all enquiries were standard and it was just 'HMRC are trying it on'.

In the end, he decided to settle, my ex found some peace in this. It has cost him a lot emotionally and us both financially, but the fight had gone from him. He's 56, he just wanted some life back. Things improved and we found a way to become friends, living separately and co-parenting our children.

Several weeks ago he started getting emails from the Trust Help Line followed by daily texts. They were asking for 5% to write off the Loans; that's a lot of money which he doesn't have and neither do I. The threats of having to repay the loans drove him back into despair and the upping of his anti-depressants. I told him to just ignore it, there's nothing he can do - he can't afford the 5%, nor the 10% (that it will be tomorrow) and he can never pay the so-called loans back. But I guess it still got to him.

On Sunday he tried to commit suicide, luckily he answered the phone to my daughter who, hearing his slurred voice, called the police from a friends phone; she was on the phone as they broke into his flat. He's very unwell, but past the worst and likely to make a full recovery. I know he used these forums and that some of you will be thinking of following his lead. He's grateful he failed; we have three daughters and he loves them very much.
              Life is precious. None of this hassle is worth losing your life for. Your loved ones and friends will never recover from your loss.
              Our friends and our families have been wonderful, we have support and love and, even as a broken family, we will all get through this.

That's the background, but I'm angry and very confused.
              Trust Help Line and Baker Tilly. Both have made money out of you all, yet they now want more. Why?
              Is there a legitimate reason that my ex is being bombarded day and night with emails and texts? Is he missing something? Am I?
              Can someone explain to me why Trust Help Line texts are still appearing on his phone - this morning in hospital at 3am?

The Trust Help Line website says:
              We also act on behalf of Trustees to work in the Beneficiaries interest.

Can someone explain to me how driving the father of my children to attempt suicide is beneficial to anyone?
              Hi Alison,

First of all, I've a huge amount of sympathy for what you and your partner have been through. For what its worth you are not, in any way shape or form, alone in enduring this, there will be thousands of families affected by this up and down the country and across the economic spectrum. I'm sorry its had such a terrible cost to your family. I've little to offer right now other than comradeship, but medium to long-term I hope answers will turn up and when you check in here you may find the bread crumb trail leading to closure on this bitter saga.

These people at the other end of these emails and texts are sociopathic in their greed and lack of empathy for those that they have enticed into these tax vehicles, I'm very interested in how the question of Trustee duties are being discharged here and how that can be challenged. I've got no answers now, but anything I do turn up I will share here as well as any useful details of my own journey through this mess.

Best luck and wishes to you
              Galvanised

Comment

If we can help in any way, please contact us.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

"Now - because I was so optimistic way back when I didn't keep a shred of my original agreements with any of these outfits. I cannot say how DEEPLY I regret that now. But I do think we need to get that stuff together because if we're to get any degree of certainty they we need the actual contract/agreements signed way back when. I DON'T want to engage with THL to attempt to try and get this stuff, as I don't think you'd get anywhere with that. "

I've got mine. I asked for it and they sent it. I just need someone who understands to read it and translate it I to layman's.

One thing I do have though is information from 'them' saying "this is not a tax disguising scheme or an EBT". So maybe it could be argued that I've been deceived into signing something much like the PPI cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggysoft View Post
                    "Now - because I was so optimistic way back when I didn't keep a shred of my original agreements with any of these outfits. I cannot say how DEEPLY I regret that now. But I do think we need to get that stuff together because if we're to get any degree of certainty they we need the actual contract/agreements signed way back when. I DON'T want to engage with THL to attempt to try and get this stuff, as I don't think you'd get anywhere with that. "

I've got mine. I asked for it and they sent it. I just need someone who understands to read it and translate it I to layman's.

One thing I do have though is information from 'them' saying "this is not a tax disguising scheme or an EBT". So maybe it could be argued that I've been deceived into signing something much like the PPI cases.
                    I think we all fell for something - but these guys aren't regulated, as such, so not sure what options we have in that respect. Might be worth sending the info to WTT?

Comment

I offered but he declined due to me being a newbie/potential THL mole.

Comment

Working...
                      X