• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Views of deed of release - confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the advice on deeds of release and exclusion - does anybody know?

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Not on here.

We have briefed our clients on this situation.

Commenting on another firm's action or motivations is incredibly difficult.

I may have a view that the "service" offered by THL and Baker Tilly is both unnecessary and expensive but equally they may have a technical and legal analysis they are relying on (if so, I;ve never seen it) and they may have a large staff and overheads (again, I see no evidence of this, but it could be true).

So I can give you my view and I have spoken with "Bemi".

Ok, thanks - so how do I get your view? I have also asked THL about what guarantees I get that getting a DOR is the end of the matter entirely but they have not (yet) replied.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesi View Post
      Ok, thanks - so how do I get your view? I have also asked THL about what guarantees I get that getting a DOR is the end of the matter entirely but they have not (yet) replied.
      You become a client.

It's unfortunate that this is the only way I can share my view on not only what Baker Tilly and THL are doing but the consequences that may arise.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

You become a client.

It's unfortunate that this is the only way I can share my view on not only what Baker Tilly and THL are doing but the consequences that may arise.
        webberg - do I call WTT to discuss then?

Comment

Bemi - though i appreciate there may be some things you can't say - do you have any comments at all on what you posted?

Comment

Originally posted by jonesi View Post
            webberg - do I call WTT to discuss then?
            You can PM me.

(No, me neither).

Comment

You can PM me.
              OK how do I do that?

Comment

What's the advice on deeds of release and exclusion - does anybody know?

Hi, THL have wrapped up the portal and the notice states that up until 15 March it should be possible to get a DOR - so it looks like the window of opportunity is closing.

webberg - your view as posted early would be appreciated I have PM'd you.
                Bemi - you view / position could be of help also

Comment

I have replied to the PM and it's for your use only.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Has anyone paid for and signed the DOR yet?
                    Has it been sent back signed?

Comment

Working...
                    X