• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to Pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
    Briefly...

Open is that HMRC have sent you letter of discovery or query on your submitted tax return for a specific year, so they have protected their position.

Closed is HMRC are time barred and too late to raise discovery, this is unprotected.
    nope... didnt have the first one.....

not sure on the latter....

So Im still unsure what mine was/is

Comment

Originally posted by kentishlad View Post
      nope... didnt have the first one.....

not sure on the latter....

So Im still unsure what mine was/is
      So your other option is to submit an SAR asking if HMRC have a record of any tax years currently under enquiry.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

SAR

Originally posted by regron View Post
        So your other option is to submit an SAR asking if HMRC have a record of any tax years currently under enquiry.
        I sent in a SAR Request but they only went back 6 years with their reply. So totally useless.

Comment

Working...
        X