• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

loan scheme - makes you owe the umbrella company lots of money??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need to contact the trust: Previse Limited

There are looking after Infinity contracts

Comment

Also, as there is interest on the loan it looks like it is an employee loan. HMRC are cracking down on loans that are Trust based where no interest is charged. To me it looks like this is just a paperwork exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by snk888 View Post
        You will need to contact the trust: Previse Limited

There are looking after Infinity contracts
        Please be VERY CAREFUL with companies who are based in the IoM (or Malta) and offering to "help" with loans. If they try to get you to sign up to another scheme, it is most likely very dodgy. Proceed with extreme caution!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Please be VERY CAREFUL with companies who are based in the IoM (or Malta) and offering to "help" with loans. If they try to get you to sign up to another scheme, it is most likely very dodgy. Proceed with extreme caution!
          I see your point. I was made aware about Previse from an email (I can forward it to you)? I was with infinity for a few months, I have had this email for payment too, I spoke to a tax advisor and he just mention as there is interest so its an employee loan not a trust based.

Comment

I see your point. I was made aware about Previse from an email (I can forward it to you)? I was with infinity for a few months, I have had this email for payment too, I spoke to a tax advisor and he just mention as there is interest so its an employee loan not a trust based.
            and HMRC will ask for evidence of loan repayments and you actually paying interest not just a document

Comment

Originally posted by Delendog View Post
              and HMRC will ask for evidence of loan repayments and you actually paying interest not just a document
              I was contacted by HMRC I used 3 companies (in last 3 years) for this 2019 Loan charge. They were interested in only 2 - Infinity was not mentioned!

Comment

Did the email come from someone involved in getting you to use a loan scheme? e.g. Infinity?
                Are they offering to sort it all out for you, for a % of the savings?
                Is the address of this wonderful company who are going to help you out by getting you to give them more money exactly the same address as the company that got you into the mess?

Might be worth reading this thread:
                https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...tants-ltd.html

and for those who are into interesting coincidences...
                https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...E/appointments
                Scroll down where this guy has worked and see if you spot anything. Oh look, a link to Knox House and Mr Eve.
                https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...M/appointments

As for Precise themselves, their address is that of Baker Tilly:
                Contact Us - Baker Tilly Isle of Man

The same Baker Tilly who feature in the Paradise Papers.
                https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/searc...&commit=Search
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Did the email come from someone involved in getting you to use a loan scheme? e.g. Infinity?
                  Are they offering to sort it all out for you, for a % of the savings?
                  Is the address of this wonderful company who are going to help you out by getting you to give them more money exactly the same address as the company that got you into the mess?

Might be worth reading this thread:
                  https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...tants-ltd.html

and for those who are into interesting coincidences...
                  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...E/appointments
                  Scroll down where this guy has worked and see if you spot anything. Oh look, a link to Knox House and Mr Eve.
                  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...M/appointments

As for Precise themselves, their address is that of Baker Tilly:
                  Contact Us - Baker Tilly Isle of Man

The same Baker Tilly who feature in the Paradise Papers.
                  https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/searc...&commit=Search
                  The email came from Infinity, There are not sorting anything out, I spoke to an independent tax adviser. All these companies are just scam artists.

Comment

Previse fails my personal test. Their website doesn't name the persons running the operation or provide any details of their professional background. Its far from a conclusive way to make a decision but as a rule of thumb its pretty good.

Also, if you click on the link at the top of their page under the bit that says "important please read" you get to a page of dirge about HMRC which includes the line

"HMRC & The Government have made it clear they will legislate to stop what they view as "abusive tax avoidance". Indeed they have already enacted several pieces of controversial new tax law (most recently APNs) and there is more new law expected in 2017 which will continue the "pinch"."

This is obviously out of date and an inaccuracy of that nature would set me running a mile before I even thought about where they were based.

Comment

Mrs

Originally posted by david111 View Post
                      i dont owe them anything?
                      this is what the letter says:

"Opening balance 01 Apr 2017 in debit £0.00
                      Loan Advances £2,201.07
                      Interest £42.89
                      Closing balance as of 31 Mar 2018 £2,243.96
                      Loan Due
                      Please refer to your Master Loan Agreement
                      Interest Due Date
                      10th April 2019
                      The Interest is payable on the outstanding amount in respect of each year or part year ending March 31st on or before April 10th next following and, if not so paid, shall, as at the March 31st, be added to principal for the purpose of calculating further interest due."

so who wants money and interest?
                      Hi
                      Further to your email ,I am in the same situation
                      Do you have any update ?

Comment

Working...
                      X