• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find who is trustee? Gone AWOL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me206et View Post
    Personally, email give them a day then phone, if you can get through.
    Agreed. You need to have a physical audit trail and not rely on "I called you and you said ..."
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Arghh, this is so hard to get anywhere with. The trustee wont respond. I emailed HMRC and they havent responded. I try to call up HMRC (approaching hundreds of times now) but always get an engaged tone, or sometimes a ringing tone which just goes to engaged tone after 6 or so rings.

I've only got 10 business days left to provide 'all the information', but I'm not being given the chance to, as I cant get any idea of what they want (given I have no bank details).

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
        After doing some emailing, I got contacted by return email, from a relatively anonymous email simply signed "Contractor Loans Help"; no names or other contact details. They said that they had all details of the Fidei Trust loans and could help. So I asked for my loan history and they replied saying it would be with me in 10 business days. That date has since passed and my request for an update has not been responded to.
        I assume you got nothing more from "Contractor Loans Help"?

Comment

Originally posted by talltales View Post
          I assume you got nothing more from "Contractor Loans Help"?
          They came through in the end. Just took a lot longer than their stated '10 business days'.

Comment

They came through in the end. Just took a lot longer than their stated '10 business days'.
            That's good to know.

Comment

Did you get hold of Fidei?

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
                Did you get hold of Fidei?
                Not really, they're very evasive. I got a simple statement of loans back in October, but no responses to any other queries since. The trustee changed from Alan Jones to 'someone else' last year, but there is no details on who this is or how to contact other than the basic [email protected] address.

I'm really keen to understand what the nature of the Fidei Settlement Trust is, how it is meant to operate, and to what effect, and what I am to it. So if anyone has any documentation they saved from the good old days, and are happy to share/PM, then that'd be great.

Comment

Not really, they're very evasive. I got a simple statement of loans back in October, but no responses to any other queries since. The trustee changed from Alan Jones to 'someone else' last year, but there is no details on who this is or how to contact other than the basic [email protected] address.

I'm really keen to understand what the nature of the Fidei Settlement Trust is, how it is meant to operate, and to what effect, and what I am to it. So if anyone has any documentation they saved from the good old days, and are happy to share/PM, then that'd be great.
                  Mr Jones retired last year due to ill health.

He sent around a missive to all his clients suggesting that they contact us (WTT) or an accountant on the IOM who I believe was a family member.

We (WTT) do not administer or have any authority over the trust.

We do know who the other party is.

I suggest that in the first place you search for the above missive, around Q3 last year.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    Mr Jones retired last year due to ill health.

He sent around a missive to all his clients suggesting that they contact us (WTT) or an accountant on the IOM who I believe was a family member.

We (WTT) do not administer or have any authority over the trust.

We do know who the other party is.

I suggest that in the first place you search for the above missive, around Q3 last year.
                    Thanks, by 'missive' do you mean the following (which doesnt give any details or contact info other than the above email).
                    Alan Jones has had to retire due to ill health, as a result we now receive a copy of the emails sent to the email address you have contacted.

We have been tasked to provide administration services in respect of HMRC's decision to tax loans such as the one(s) you have received from Fidei.

We can be of assistance to you going forward. We hold the loan records for the Fidei trust and as a result can provide your full loan history with Fidei.

IF you have decided/or decide to settle, HMRC has offered a term of 5 years to pay the tax and interest if your income in 2018/19 is below £50,000 AND you provide details of your loans to HMRC by 30 September 2018.
                    NB If you decided to let the 2018/19 Loan Tax run its natural course i.e. you do not provide loan details until the date required by law i.e. October 2019 THEN, according to HMRC, you then have to rely on HMRC goodwill and/or the expertise of your tax advisor to negotiate payment terms.

Whatever your final decision, you should, asap, register an interest for the potential instalment settlement so as to keep this option open. You are not committed until you sign an agreement. You register by using this link.

Disguised remuneration: settling your tax affairs - GOV.UK
                    Disguised remuneration: settling your tax affairs - GOV.UK
                    If you’re in a disguised remuneration tax avoidance scheme, you should settle your tax affairs and pay HMRC what you owe.
                    Welcome to GOV.UK

Professional fees for the administration of the HMRC settlement can be avoided by doing it yourself. However, it is not straightforward and many contractors are wary of dealing directly with HMRC.

There are many firms of Accountants/Tax Advisors who can assist you in the settlement process. For example WTT (BIG Group) can do this for you and the cost is fixed at £xxx plus VAT. Contact them via xxx

Alternatively

Contractor Loans Assist "CLA" can do this in relation to your "Fidei Trust" Loans for a fixed fee of £xxx for the first 85 people. If interested please respond to this email address.

If you would like "CLA" to assist with your settlement in relation to other Contractor Loans/disguised remuneration schemes please make this clear in your response.

Kind Regards
                    Contractor Loans Help

Comment

Then you need to contact me.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X