• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to find who is trustee? Gone AWOL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find who is trustee? Gone AWOL

Considering making settlement notification to HMRC, so am trying to collate some info on my loans/trust. I had loans from a trust in 2008, but I'm now trying to contact the trustees but it isn't easy. The trustee in 2008 was an IoM company who still are active according to the IoM company register, but according to IoM FSA website, apparently they voluntarily surrendered their trustee license in 2009. So sounds like they are no longer trustees. Either way, whilst a website still exists, all contact (phone and email) details are invalid. So I can't contact them in any event. The name of the trust gets absolutely zero results on Google, and whilst the company director of the original trustee is one who gets a lot of bad press on here, there is all but no discussion of the scheme/company itself on here.

Given the director's rep, I reckon he'll do his upmost to avoid contact (done well so far).

Don't want to give names just yet, so as not to jeapordise my situation as haven't made any HMRC contact yet.

Ta in advance.

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
    Considering making settlement notification to HMRC, so am trying to collate some info on my loans/trust. I had loans from a trust in 2008, but I'm now trying to contact the trustees but it isn't easy. The trustee in 2008 was an IoM company who still are active according to the IoM company register, but according to IoM FSA website, apparently they voluntarily surrendered their trustee license in 2009. So sounds like they are no longer trustees. Either way, whilst a website still exists, all contact (phone and email) details are invalid. So I can't contact them in any event. The name of the trust gets absolutely zero results on Google, and whilst the company director of the original trustee is one who gets a lot of bad press on here, there is all but no discussion of the scheme/company itself on here.

Given the director's rep, I reckon he'll do his upmost to avoid contact (done well so far).

Don't want to give names just yet, so as not to jeapordise my situation as haven't made any HMRC contact yet.

Ta in advance.
    Put the name of the scheme on this board.

We have posters here who are quite good at digging up this kind of thing.

Other than that you’ll probably have to pay someone to find it for you.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ta in advance.
      Trusts cannot disappear without a legal process which leaves a mark on the record.

Trustees can and do change.

Pretty sure I know which one you mean, but as the mod says, put up a name and we'll see.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

It's the Fidei Settlement Trust.

Comment

It's the Fidei Settlement Trust.
          PM me.

(No, me neither).

Comment

me too....

1st time poster but have been lurking a while. I too worked via that outfit 2003-2005, however I have no way to repay.
            Not wishing to hijack this thread however, I have registered with HMRC that I was on the scheme but am unsure what other details to provide.
            Any advice or guidance appreciated

Comment

After doing some emailing, I got contacted by return email, from a relatively anonymous email simply signed "Contractor Loans Help"; no names or other contact details. They said that they had all details of the Fidei Trust loans and could help. So I asked for my loan history and they replied saying it would be with me in 10 business days. That date has since passed and my request for an update has not been responded to.

Given the rapidly approaching 30 September HMRC deadline, what would peeps recommend I do?

a) Contact HMRC now to register myself, but give no info at this point. Not sure this achieves much?
              b) Contact HMRC now and provide whatever info I can to aid loan settlement figure. I dont have any loan details, not bank account history, but I do have some old invoices which reference the amount the end client was charged.
              c) Hold off contacting HMRC with the hope that this Fidei outfit will soon give me my loan details. Ultimately opting for (b) if it never comes.

I really want to do (c) as I dont want to give a load of info to HMRC which becomes irrelevant if the Loan info comes through. But how long should I hold out? And I'm worried that if I wait too long, then HMRC will tell me I didnt supply 'enough' info before 30 September.

any advice?

Comment

Just tell HMRC that you have asked but do not have details but want to continue.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Ok, ta. I assume your advice was just a basic contact for now (as option a above) rather than giving some estimation data. What is the best way to initiate contact; phone or email?

Comment

Ok, ta. I assume your advice was just a basic contact for now (as option a above) rather than giving some estimation data. What is the best way to initiate contact; phone or email?
                    Personally, email give them a day then phone, if you can get through.

Comment

Working...
                    X