• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie. Just found out about the Loan charge. Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delendog View Post
    Can you prove to HMRC you are repaying it with interest. Also note the £10K annual limit so if you are paid min wage +£10k loan - is your total annual earnings within that? I doubt it.
    I have been in the scheme since January 2018

The loans between January and April for tax year 2017 - 2018 are less than 10,000
    The loans between April 2018 and August are almost exactly 10,000 - just under.

So what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Raymondo View Post

The loans between January and April for tax year 2017 - 2018 are less than 10,000

So what does that mean?
      It means thank your lucky stars you aren't in real deep s**t. Get out of the scheme right now. Fill in a self assessment form at year end and pay the tax bill. Then feel real lucky you aren't in the situation of owing hundreds of thousands in back tax. I think you have a fairly painless exit route here from what I can see. We all live and learn.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymondo View Post

So what does that mean?
        Follow this advice to find out how much you owe: https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2575585
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          It means thank your lucky stars you aren't in real deep s**t. Get out of the scheme right now. Fill in a self assessment form at year end and pay the tax bill. Then feel real lucky you aren't in the situation of owing hundreds of thousands in back tax. I think you have a fairly painless exit route here from what I can see. We all live and learn.
          If I was you I'd declare the loan on your 2017/18 self assessment (amend it if done already) - you will be taxed on it at your nominal rate. As you have left the scheme now then either get the provided to reverse this years loan or declare it on your next return.

Comment

Working...
          X