• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winchester Contractors Trust Help line -Contact Details

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bemi View Post
    Hi Dozy,

Are you able to share any of this correspondence and documentation?

Especially the draft dead for the Winchester scheme.

But any contact details that allow me to deal directly with THL (not through their very dodgy portal) or better yet, the actual trustees, would be extremely useful.
    Unfortunately I wasn't with Winchester so can't be sure if my deed is the same. Happy to share it anyway but I'll need to edit out all the personal details first. It'll need to wait until I can concentrate on it at a PC. Still not got the signed ones BTW but apparently there's been a postal strike in the IOM. Re contacting them, you can just reply to their emails. When I first emailed them I got no response at all but I think that changes ones you prove your ID. They were responsive enough after that.

Comment

My concern

Originally posted by Dozy Bastard View Post
      There's always going to be a degree of doubt so if you want certainty, don't do it. There are lots of reasons to wonder how THL ever got a contract to handle this for the trustees. They must have been cheap! But the one thing that made all the difference for me is the money isn't paid to THL. It's paid to a company in the IOM called DOR Resolutions Ltd. I paid a £2 fee to the IOM companies register to uncover that this company is owned by the trustee I owe the money to. They're all based at the office of Baker Tilly IOM. All THL's emails and text messages seem to drive you towards one thing, which is asking this company for a set of draft deeds. That must be how they get paid. Someone sent in the email? Kerching. After you send it, you get a zip file with all the draft deeds in. I'm not going to pretend I'm qualified to judge them properly so you might want to show them to a lawyer, but they look pretty solid to me. I signed them and sent them back, then paid once I had confirmation they'd arrived. So far I've not had them returned but I do believe they will come.

I can help you out a bit there. In my case it was a guy called Andrew Thornhill QC. As Google will show, he's already been dealt with quite robustly. To find the others involved, search for tax avoidance QC. They won't all be guilty but the ones you're looking for will be on the list. Happy hunting ;-)
      I'm being asked to pay 5% of my outstanding loan but why isn't the loan being written of against the money they initially received from our employer and why aren't DOR Resolutions chasing this ? When asking for a phone number to talk to someone got told we don't have a contact number, everything has to be via the TrustHelpLine portal, also when asked about the initial funds they received is being managed they said not their problem but couldn't direct me to who I could follow this up with. Also if being written off why are HMRC stating unpaid income tax / NI needs to be paid on the whole loan amount so they are seeing this as income and not a 'loan' !

Comment

Dozy Bastard decided that he didn’t like this forum any more and asked Admin to delete his account.

One can only imagine why he chose to do this...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X