• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mel Stride on LBC Radio phone in tonight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mel Stride on LBC Radio phone in tonight

I'm told this is between 8pm and 9pm.

A chance to ask some sticky questions perhaps?

The show is hosted by Iain Dale and you can send questions in advance or call in.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I'm told this is between 8pm and 9pm.

A chance to ask some sticky questions perhaps?

The show is hosted by Iain Dale and you can send questions in advance or call in.
    Rather than call and have your name in lights you can put your question via their website

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...for-the-panel/

Comment

Mel Stride

He wasn’t exactly sympathetic, was he?

Comment

I tried calling in but they didn't let me on air. They did however read my question out (asking for helpline) which Mel completely failed to answer. I was pleased to hear the presenter refuse to fall for Mels nonsense about it not being retrospective.

Comment

Mel Stride LBC

Mel repeated his previous claim that these schemes are illegal, on the air and outside Parliament.

Comment

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...ervatives-tax/

Comment

I think he'd have taken an LCAGGER telling his kids their dad was a nasty man over that car crash

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenth1 View Post
                Mel repeated his previous claim that these schemes are illegal, on the air and outside Parliament.
                If the schemes entered into were, as Mel Stride implied 'illegal'.. Does that mean that a Tory Peer is in bed with a man that knowingly made money, and subsequently contributed said cash to the Tory Party was generated through such illegal means?

Comment

Did Stride say - definitively - that the schemes were illegal?

Or did he imply that they were as justification for chasing?

Big difference.

The first is a deliberate falsehood.

The second is part of a PR campaign in which opinion masquerades as fact.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Answering my own point, yes he did say that the "schemes were illegal".

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                    X