• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Send statements?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send statements?

I called HMRC Settlement contractor team a few weeks ago to find out whats happeneing - they said they need bank statements to provide a figure on how much to pay back - although, if I do not provide the bank statements then they will do an estimate.

I settled a few years back with them and that was estimation (was a bit high but I managed to pay it off) - for this time round (and the final time!) I do have the bank statement...so I am thinking if I send them the statements and they bump up the costs vs a possible lower number with their own estimation?...

ideas? Should I be civil and send in the statements or just let them estimate?

If there is even a smidgen of a chance the estimate will be lower than actual would it not be worth seeing what they offer. If you don't agree you could 'find' the statements and then ask them to re-calculate.

If it's going to be over then just send the statements to move it along quicker?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How did you manage to get through on the phone? Any tips, as I only ever get engaged tone?

The original question is interesting, as presumably if they estimate and you settle, but they later come across info to suggest the estimate was too low, then surely they'll come after you for more, and add interest/charges to boot?

My loans are likely to come waaay above the HMRC salary multiplier that people keep mentioning on here, so it's clearly tempting to provide my salary and ask for an estimate, but I want total closure on this so will probably push for higher settlement sum.
      Last edited by kryten22uk; 18 September 2018, 16:04.

Comment

Was told you are NOT required to actually send statements just the loan amount(s) but I like many others have this infor from others and not HMRC as gettin gthrough to anyone human (even if somebody ever actually answered the phone) is near on impossible

Comment

Originally posted by lara400 View Post
          I called HMRC Settlement contractor team a few weeks ago to find out whats happeneing - they said they need bank statements to provide a figure on how much to pay back - although, if I do not provide the bank statements then they will do an estimate.

I settled a few years back with them and that was estimation (was a bit high but I managed to pay it off) - for this time round (and the final time!) I do have the bank statement...so I am thinking if I send them the statements and they bump up the costs vs a possible lower number with their own estimation?...

ideas? Should I be civil and send in the statements or just let them estimate?
          If I was to send any bank statements to HMRC, then i would DEFINITELY redact all information apart from loan payments received.
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
          X