• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Loans "Helpline"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Loans "Helpline"

I've tried calling this number multiple times (0300 053 4226), but after the welcome message and a few rings, the line terminates. Obviously some people are managing to get through - is there a good time to try and call them?

I've also replied via email to their automated response from [email protected], over a month ago, and I've still haven't received a reply from them.
    Last edited by MostlyHarmless; 20 September 2018, 08:17.

Originally posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
    I've tried calling this number multiple times (0300 053 4226), but after the welcome message and a few rings, the line terminates. Obviously some people are managing to get through - is there a good time to try and call them?

I've also replied via email to their automated response from [email protected], over a month ago, and I've still haven't received a reply from them.
    I emailed them this morning at about 10.30 expecting an auto-responder but received nothing to inbox or junk. I called them at 11.30 and after ringing for quite a while it was picked up. I gave them the reference on my letter from them received in August. They couldn't find my details and said they would call back to let me know what info that they have on me. They called back and advised that they knew the scheme I was in and what years.

I asked if there was a deadline to settle as nothing mentioned on the letter, yes end of the month. Asked if I have to give them details of loan amounts by end of the month. They said they wouldn't hold me to that next month would be fine! They confirmed that I have registered to settle in time.

Keep trying that number it is correct.

Comment

Well I tried calling them again, and miraculously they answered the call. I gave them the letter reference number, and they managed to pull up the information I had sent previously by email, and will be in touch by phone (they can't say when unfortunately).

Comment

I called up at precisely 08:30 this morning, so managed to get through. However, they had no record of the emails I sent (one 3 weeks ago!). They said there is a large backlog, and must just not have got to mine yet. They said that so long as I sent the email with the required details, before 30th Sept, then no problem. I did get the AutoResponder HMRC email, but its a bit unnerving that you're hoping that everything gets logged correctly eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X