• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor loans, just got email, previously unaware

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I would like to know as well.

There is enough FUD as is on this subject. How did you get 47.5% figure?

Originally posted by Albert49 View Post
    Can I ask where the 47.5% comes from, my understanding is that loan amounts are added to your other income in 18/19, and you are taxed accordingly, so theoretically if your other income in 18/19 is low and your loans totals are also low the tax could be 20%, in most cases it will be 40% or 45%,.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert49 View Post
      Can I ask where the 47.5% comes from, my understanding is that loan amounts are added to your other income in 18/19, and you are taxed accordingly, so theoretically if your other income in 18/19 is low and your loans totals are also low the tax could be 20%, in most cases it will be 40% or 45%,.
      This poster never returned after seeing that I removed an advert on this post.

I think that you can ignore the figure and him.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Who's Phil and how do I contact him?

Hi

I've had Contractor Loans from Fidei and have had a reassessment from HMRC based on the figures Fidei gave them and which my bank statement for the period (2011-13) agrees with. However these figures are different (lower) from HMRC's new guess/random number generator.

I'm contacting HMRC again to explain the error of their ways, but need Fidei to forward the information to me that they sent to [email protected]. I've also asked him for the info as I can't now find Fidei anywhere.

I've seen posts saying "contact Phil", who is he and how do I contact him?

Chris

Comment

Phil is a tax advisor who works for Dow Schofield Watts. Google Phillip Manley and you'll find him. Many on here recommend him but I've had no personal dealings.

Comment

Working...
          X