• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generic HMRC Loan Charge Enquiry Letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic HMRC Loan Charge Enquiry Letter

Hi, would very much appreciate your feedback.

I received one of these letters stating "... I believe you have used an avoidance scheme..." dated 23rd, November.

My questions are:

- Has anyone received one of these letters this late? Are there any patterns as how HMRC send these letters? From the top offenders on their list to the least suspected?

- Has anyone ever only been in a Limited setup, never had any loans of any sorts, or a pure Umbrella (i.e. for payment processing only, and no schemes involved) received one of these?

Thanks.

Originally posted by tk1944 View Post

I received one of these letters stating "... I believe you have used an avoidance scheme..." dated 23rd, November.

My questions are:

- Has anyone received one of these letters this late? Are there any patterns as how HMRC send these letters? From the top offenders on their list to the least suspected?

- Has anyone ever only been in a Limited setup, never had any loans of any sorts, or a pure Umbrella (i.e. for payment processing only, and no schemes involved) received one of these?

Thanks.
    Regarding your second question, I’ve been moderating this forum for 5 years and I’ve never heard of this.

I would contact webberg or Phil and explain things to them, I would not try and straighten things out on your own without getting advice first.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My questions are:

Thanks.

You may want to check out 2019 Loan Charge Action Group (LCAG) - Loan Charge Action Group Many people in your situation and lots of information there

Comment

Yes I know a number of people who are getting these and not all of them had been in a scheme in previous years. I would expect anyone who has been in a scheme in the past will automatically be getting these anyway. Pure fishing trip.

My questions are:

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverTheTwain View Post
          Yes I know a number of people who are getting these and not all of them had been in a scheme in previous years. I would expect anyone who has been in a scheme in the past will automatically be getting these anyway. Pure fishing trip.
          I was in an EBT scheme from 2014 til earlier this year, have already sent of loan amounts to HMRC via WTT but still havent ever heard a thing from HMRC regarding tax avoidance. In fact last week I even got a letter stating I had overpaid tax last year and have a refund on its way to my account. HMRC are an absolute shambles to say the least!

Comment

Working...
          X