• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alibee View Post
    I paid off my loan and yes, I doubt if I'll see any of it ever again.
    You repaid all the loans? I thought they only requested a repayment of 10%?
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibee View Post
      Guys, I've come really late to this party and just had a long phone call with the appointed manager for the Montpelier mess.

I paid off my loan and yes, I doubt if I'll see any of it ever again. I'm like hundreds of others in this sorry mess. Is their any more updated news on where this has been going or plans to take further action?

I've been advised to take legal and tax advice, (more money!) But is this just good money after bad? Any comms would be appreciated, but no hindsight merchants please. I am trying to focus on the future and what might be rather than my stupid decisions of the past. Thanks
      Really! you have repaid, and now you’re considering taking further advice.

Comment

I suspect "paid off my loan" actually means "paid tax due".

Comment

Montpelier contact details?

I last had contact with Montpelier in February 2019, when I first decided that, with the Loan Charge looming, I'd probably have to settle with HMRC. I had some email conversations with Dawn Bull about the likelihood of the loan being officially written off and she told me they'd need to see the finalised HMRC settlement detail first. I had a sort of agreement in principle but nothing finalised.

Well, roll forward 18 months and HMRC & I have eventually sealed the evil deal. So I contacted Dawn again. No response and no reply to a couple of chaser emails. Her email address still exists - no bounceback - but just complete radio silence.

Does anyone know if Montpelier (Trust and Corporate) Services Limited is still in existence? I've had no communication at all from Montpelier or the Trustee which, foolishly perhaps, I would have expected if they'd gone into receivership.

Does anyone have any kind of contact details which might to allow me to pursue the loan write-off (email ideally)?

Comment

This may assist Court issues winding-up order in respect of Montpelier (Trust & Corporate) Services Limited (“Montpelier”)

There's email addresses for the Court appointed Liquidator and the Court appointed Manager & Receiver. They should be able to advise whether they hold the loan book and can therefore agree to write off, or whether some other entity holds the loan book.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
              This may assist Court issues winding-up order in respect of Montpelier (Trust & Corporate) Services Limited (“Montpelier”)

There's email addresses for the Court appointed Liquidator and the Court appointed Manager & Receiver. They should be able to advise whether they hold the loan book and can therefore agree to write off, or whether some other entity holds the loan book.
              Some questions some of you might be able to answer.

Has anybody managed to have their loans with Montpelier & corrance written off for: (both separate cases)
              1. pre December 2010 (no settlement)
              2. Agreed settlement with HMRC

Has anybody been in touch with the IOM court?

Also what is the likelihood of the trusts being closed due to the IOM FSA action? The link above states they will continue to be licensed to conduct business under Class 4 (corporate services) and Class 5 (trust services).

Comment

Working...
              X