• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlement, NI and limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on, they can't have it both ways.....but that hasn't stopped them on IHT, where the contradiction in logic is incomprehensible.

If you're a director, I've been advised that there's a possibility they may go after the Corp Tax via the misfeasance route. Pure greed & vindictiveness.

Time will tell on that one though. Like you, I'll defend that one to the hilt.

Comment

Curious as to how your limited company was blocked from closing down?

I had a limited company, originally used for a scheme and closed it down middle of last year and no issues closing it.
      Why do you think your company was blocked from closing?
      In truth I had stopped using it on a scheme for a while and using a normal limited company, paying dividends etc.
      Has anyone succeeded in closing down a company and had settlement figures for it?

Comment

My settlement is a calculation of ‘director making good’ as HMRC would put it, paying the ltd liability’s as well as personal.
        Hopefully once settled then I can close the company, it’s been dormant for over 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
          My settlement is a calculation of ‘director making good’ as HMRC would put it, paying the ltd liability’s as well as personal

hello, what was the ltd companies liability? Did you do it yourself?

Comment

My settlement is a calculation of ‘director making good’ as HMRC would put it, paying the ltd liability’s as well as personal.
            Hopefully once settled then I can close the company, it’s been dormant for over 2 years.
            How is your settlement worded? Mine only refers to my personal PAYE liabilities but they then include a calculation of the limited companies NI (both Employees and employer).

I’m not sure what to make of it - I don’t want to settle personally then open up a can of worms for the limited company but then again the limited company is probably already on their radar.

Comment

Originally posted by fatpug View Post
              How is your settlement worded? Mine only refers to my personal PAYE liabilities but they then include a calculation of the limited companies NI (both Employees and employer).

I’m not sure what to make of it - I don’t want to settle personally then open up a can of worms for the limited company but then again the limited company is probably already on their radar.
              What sort of % are they asking for? I'm settling personally PAYE too, but my limited company is still being investigated. Would be nice to know what sort of numbers I'm looking at. Thankyou

Comment

Depends really on what other factors are in their calculations for each tax year ie other income/ divis etc but basically including interest it’s about 40%.
                I did question some of the initial calcs, they then sent me a further detailed breakdown including other settlement options.

Comment

Depends really on what other factors are in their calculations for each tax year ie other income/ divis etc but basically including interest it’s about 40%.
                  I did question some of the initial calcs, they then sent me a further detailed breakdown including other settlement options.
                  and that's limited company settled, AND personal settlement? That's not toooooo bad...

Comment

Yes ltd NI employer/ee and personal. Tax is shown in both calcs but then effectively deducted from personal calculations as if it’s paid at source.

Comment

Yes ltd NI employer/ee and personal. Tax is shown in both calcs but then effectively deducted from personal calculations as if it’s paid at source.
                      And that's you and your company fully settled - they're not readdressing your corp tax deductions?

Comment

Working...
                      X