• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Times : Loan schemes offering help to ruined clients — for a fee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I’ve spoke to Phil and despite me being well known to be against such ideas generally, agree with what he says on it, as he states, even if he was an extremely well disguised conman then the enablers penalties would make such pointless.

Insella are not relying upon a judge interpretation of the law, they are utilising the law that Hmrc themselves helped word. It’s an option and people can take or leave.

There won’t be any hard sell from Phil either way other than to state it’s not a qc opinion on a scheme...it’s a qc devised solution.

There’s a world of difference and for anyone to downplay it based on a seeing only a few paragraphs of a >200 page explanation is crazy. Especially so if such person/people have their own agenda to sell.

I guess it’s a case of trusting Phil and rvqc or not but neither can make a penny of failed and (Phil especially) has everything to lose.
    I can't see HMRC letting someone else cash in on 'their' tax. Only takes another law to be invented tomorrow.

Comment

For what it’s worth Robert Venables QC designed the failed scheme I was on....

Comment

A very long time ago, there was a group called NTRT. Very similar to LCAG.

At one point some of those in NTRT put in a great deal of money to form a splinter group. This was highly controversial and attracted a great deal of criticism.

Who do you think did best between: -
        1. Those outside the splinter group
        2. Those inside the splinter group.
        3. AndyW

Please vote for option 1, 2 or 3.

Comment

A very long time ago, there was a group called NTRT. Very similar to LCAG.

At one point some of those in NTRT put in a great deal of money to form a splinter group. This was highly controversial and attracted a great deal of criticism.

Who do you think did best between: -
          1. Those outside the splinter group
          2. Those inside the splinter group.
          3. AndyW

Please vote for option 1, 2 or 3.
          AndyW I guess - who's he?

Comment

What's this big thing that's about to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
              AndyW I guess - who's he?
              https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tml#post130353

Comment

I am just about to request a one month ban. I want to be very clear I am not running away from defending Phil and will be back.

My brother has just been found hanged. He served his country as a member of 1para and possibly the SAS.

I have hugely suffered at the hands of HMRC - without Phil I could have gone the same way as my brother.

Comment

I am just about to request a one month ban. I want to be very clear I am not running away from defending Phil and will be back.

My brother has just been found hanged. He served his country as a member of 1para and possibly the SAS.

I have hugely suffered at the hands of HMRC - without Phil I could have gone the same way as my brother.
                  Sorry to hear your news.

Take care.

Comment

There are so many things more important than tax.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Thanks for your support and please note what Webberg correctly states - there are things more such more important than tax - indeed pretty much everything is more important than all this nonsense. Take care pal and call if required.

Comment

Working...
                      X