• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Phil gone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That's how it appears to the casual observer.
    Well seeing as he is in Westminster for an urgent meeting today, he isn't exactly laying low.

I don't believe everything he is doing is right, I do believe he is doing them, or trying to do them, for the right reasons.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

Unconvinced by any of these ambulance chasing tax advisers.

Comment

I have composed 2 responses today. Then deleted them.

You do need to give this some time. There are big things going on - all will become clear. In the meantime I am going to send another PM to admin to try to straighten a few things out. I am worried people here are doing themselves harm.

What I am still don't understand is why posts that help out HMRC are on a public forum? Why not stick to LCAG forum for these types of posts?

I was in LCAG for a short time. I had a long chat with RH at the beginning. I did warn him this could happen.

EDIT: while PMing admin I remembered that some DTA CUK posts were read out by HMRC in court. Loose lips sink ships.
        Last edited by GreenMirror; 28 February 2019, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
          There are big things going on - all will become clear.
          Go on...

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
            Go on...
            I have been asked to say nothing. Can you wait a bit please?

Comment

Sure.

Although I'd be keen to know now.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                Sure.

Although I'd be keen to know now.
                Everyone is keen to know now.

I have been fighting injustice since 2003 - including DTA since 2008. In fact, 12th March will be the 11th birthday of the root cause of LCAG issues - retrospective legislation on DTA.

Sadly, you will have to get used to being patient. Or do what I did and go mad. RH from LCAG arranged for me to be in Telegraph last summer - and there was a montage on twitter of the Telegraph photo with me - and another of Phil and me at a skate park. Yes really!

None of you want to end up like me. Or at least where I was a year ago. Since Phil started helping out my life has gone uphill.

I believe Phil will make things better for you all. However don't trust my words. Just give him a chance.

Comment

Everyone is keen to know now.

I have been fighting injustice since 2003 - including DTA since 2008. In fact, 12th March will be the 11th birthday of the root cause of LCAG issues - retrospective legislation on DTA.

Sadly, you will have to get used to being patient. Or do what I did and go mad. RH from LCAG arranged for me to be in Telegraph last summer - and there was a montage on twitter of the Telegraph photo with me - and another of Phil and me at a skate park. Yes really!

None of you want to end up like me. Or at least where I was a year ago. Since Phil started helping out my life has gone uphill.

I believe Phil will make things better for you all. However don't trust my words. Just give him a chance.
                  I believe you when you say he's helped you. I also believe that you think whatever he's up to now is going to help people. Perhaps he believes that too. But when people have handed over 8% of their loan and a few years down the line HMRC come a-knocking, they're going to find themselves even more desperate than they are now. When people signed up to their schemes, they were convinced they would work. Maybe the promoters believed that too. But they didn't, and whatever this is (I watched the video, it doesn't say much) will not escape HMRC's attention - that much is guaranteed. I think this is dangerous territory and anyone going into such a thing needs to do so with their eyes wide open - there will be little sympathy if/when this comes back to bite.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I believe you when you say he's helped you. I also believe that you think whatever he's up to now is going to help people. Perhaps he believes that too. But when people have handed over 8% of their loan and a few years down the line HMRC come a-knocking, they're going to find themselves even more desperate than they are now. When people signed up to their schemes, they were convinced they would work. Maybe the promoters believed that too. But they didn't, and whatever this is (I watched the video, it doesn't say much) will not escape HMRC's attention - that much is guaranteed. I think this is dangerous territory and anyone going into such a thing needs to do so with their eyes wide open - there will be little sympathy if/when this comes back to bite.
                    I am tempted to say that anything I say to reply to the points you have made would be moderated away - that has been made clear. Really for the sake of balance, the whole thread should be deleted? Anyway I have PMed admin and await his response.

However I don't have a view on "whatever he's up to now". I think I know a few things: -
                    1. There is something secretive going on - not related to "whatever he's up to now".
                    2. Phil has helped hundreds of people. And without him LCAG would not be where they are today.
                    3. Discussions like this should take place on a private forum - do you remember DTA CUK snippets being used by HMRC in court?
                    4. There needs to be a bit of time to consider this.
                    5. It would be best to let Phil give a response - though that would require mod/admin permission first.

AFAIK Graham and Phil are still recommended by CUK? Graham also suffered a great deal of vitriol. It seems to go with the turf on CUK.

Ahh I remember the good old days. Just DR and me against the rest of CUK. What fun times that was.

Comment

the whole thread should be deleted? Anyway I have PMed admin and await his response.

1. There is something secretive going on - not related to "whatever he's up to now".

3. Discussions like this should take place on a private forum - do you remember DTA CUK snippets being used by HMRC in court?
                      Why so secretive? Surely the first person who uses the new scheme will show it to HMRC to see what they say anyway. No one wants to get caught again in years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X