• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's Phil gone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    2. Phil has helped hundreds of people. And without him LCAG would not be where they are today.
    He has also made a fair few quid out of this, I would imagine

Comment

I wouldn’t think there is any ‘new’ scheme that Wtt or Phil would be using! Both parties have been clear on their intensions from the start. WTT support litigation through the justice system and as far as I know Phil campaigns for LCAG to stop/ prevent it happening....

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
        I wouldn’t think there is any ‘new’ scheme that Wtt or Phil would be using! Both parties have been clear on their intensions from the start. WTT support litigation through the justice system and as far as I know Phil campaigns for LCAG to stop/ prevent it happening....
        There is, I have seen the document with his name on it - it was on twitter a while back

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
          The scheme is definitely Phil Manley's through DSW. If you speak to him about it he will give you the risk warnings ( unlike most schemes ), he admits it will be challenged. The only slight difference is that this seems to be based on tax law rather than trying to get round it from what I have heard.

Scheme or legal tax planning seems to be in the eye of the beholder and it doesn't help that one side is allowed to make up rules to suit itself.

Not sure whether I am in breach of forum rules here, just trying to convey my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            I am tempted to say that anything I say to reply to the points you have made would be moderated away - that has been made clear. Really for the sake of balance, the whole thread should be deleted? Anyway I have PMed admin and await his response.

However I don't have a view on "whatever he's up to now". I think I know a few things: -
            1. There is something secretive going on - not related to "whatever he's up to now".
            2. Phil has helped hundreds of people. And without him LCAG would not be where they are today.
            3. Discussions like this should take place on a private forum - do you remember DTA CUK snippets being used by HMRC in court?
            4. There needs to be a bit of time to consider this.
            5. It would be best to let Phil give a response - though that would require mod/admin permission first.

AFAIK Graham and Phil are still recommended by CUK? Graham also suffered a great deal of vitriol. It seems to go with the turf on CUK.

Ahh I remember the good old days. Just DR and me against the rest of CUK. What fun times that was.
            I don't think it should be deleted. This information is useful for everyone. If he's peddling a scheme then so be it, people have a right to know. Unless of course you think this should be secret as well?

Comment

I've just read Phil's twitter feed. I can see no reference to him peddling a scheme and there's a picture of him in Cyprus where he appears to be on holiday. His remarks about other advisors are clearly aimed at THL and he was very complimentary about WTT.

I'm at a loss to understand where this smear is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                I've just read Phil's twitter feed. I can see no reference to him peddling a scheme
                The internet is more than just Twitter, I can see things like:

Mr Manley has in his capacity as a leading [sic] tax advisor ...

What is the outcome of the solution?

... for some users, it may be beneficial to leave a nominal tax liability of approximately £400.
                This is purely to ensure the structure is as strong as possible as we do not wish to cut corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
                  The internet is more than just Twitter, I can see things like:
                  Got a link?

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                    I've just read Phil's twitter feed. I can see no reference to him peddling a scheme and there's a picture of him in Cyprus where he appears to be on holiday. His remarks about other advisors are clearly aimed at THL and he was very complimentary about WTT.

I'm at a loss to understand where this smear is coming from.
                    Then I think you are not reading it right. Plenty on there.

Comment

He hasn't posted on here since September either. Seems strange if you're winning good business here.

Comment

Working...
                      X