• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Settlement is Structured

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzyg View Post
    So is there Double Taxation on the same sums of money? Lets say for an arrangement that you received 100K of loans. Now when you settle this 100k will be treated as your income and added to your income for relevant FY and taxed including NICs (Employer + Employee)

If HMRC again tax the amount from Limited Company then does it not become double taxation?
    The employer and employee NIC comes from your Ltd Co. The PAYE tax comes from you personally. (That's how it works for me anyway).

I've declared the trust loan I received, not sure when i'm doing about my limited company yet. I've declared the loan, so I'm safe from the LC. Therefore I think HMRC need to prove my companies EBT contributions weren't genuine, 'Innocent til proven guilty' etc? I've already asked on here, but not had any input

Comment

Working...
    X