• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Instead of paying fees to Ambulance Chasers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
    Isn't he also the key adviser to LCAG and the Loan Charge APPG? When this gets out wouldn't his harm their reputation and possibly hinder all the progress they have made to date?
    For me this is what makes it so surprising. His online footprint has descended into calling Mel Stride names and grandstanding for the crowd. Pretty cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      Yes, but what are the chances that all the fees you pay will actually achieve anything? Odds are you'll still end up having to pay HMRC the full whack. It could even cost you more.

By dragging the dispute out, you'll end up paying more interest.

Some advisors might even lead you into a fight over the LC, which could result in penalties for non-compliance.
      Agree wholeheartedly! If you decide to take advice - do your research first. Learn from your mistakes and make sure the people you are paying to represent you, if you feel they are necessary - CAN. If they are telling you that there are no guarantees - walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
        Yes, but what are the chances that all the fees you pay will actually achieve anything? Odds are you'll still end up having to pay HMRC the full whack. It could even cost you more.

By dragging the dispute out, you'll end up paying more interest.

Some advisors might even lead you into a fight over the LC, which could result in penalties for non-compliance.
        I believe zero, which is why I had zero hesitation in refusing the 'fight' option.

Comment

Working...
        X