• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Instead of paying fees to Ambulance Chasers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of paying fees to Ambulance Chasers...

Take the money, you would have paid them, and punt it on something highly speculative like Bitcoin or Gold miners.

Sure it's a gamble, but the odds are far better than pinning your hopes on these tax advisors.

A lot of what I see touted on this forum is just throwing good money after bad.

Hear, hear.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      Take the money, you would have paid them, and punt it on something highly speculative like Bitcoin or Gold miners.

Sure it's a gamble, but the odds are far better than pinning your hopes on these tax advisors.

A lot of what I see touted on this forum is just throwing good money after bad.
      An example please? I'm confused.

Tax Advisers help you settle, if that's what you want to do. Or they'll help you fight, if that's what you want to do. They have definitely made a fortune, but that doesn't mean they don't work for it. Unless I'm missing something

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post

Tax Advisers help you settle, if that's what you want to do. Or they'll help you fight, if that's what you want to do. They have definitely made a fortune, but that doesn't mean they don't work for it. Unless I'm missing something
        I think he's referring to Phil Manley's scheme to solve a scheme

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
          aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh

Yes.

In other unrelated news. I can also solve these schemes. My company only wants £900, and once succesful you get it back. It might work, it might not. Risk is on you. Western Union payments only.

Comment

It's quite simply unbelievable. The video on the website really is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
              It's quite simply unbelievable. The video on the website really is something else.
              Link?

Or at least which website?

Comment

Link?

Or at least which website?
                Whack in Insella Tax and hit the link hosted in Cyprus.

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post

Yes, but what are the chances that all the fees you pay will actually achieve anything? Odds are you'll still end up having to pay HMRC the full whack. It could even cost you more.

By dragging the dispute out, you'll end up paying more interest.

Some advisors might even lead you into a fight over the LC, which could result in penalties for non-compliance.

Comment

Isn't he also the key adviser to LCAG and the Loan Charge APPG? When this gets out wouldn't his harm their reputation and possibly hinder all the progress they have made to date? I'm sure they must be aware of this link as there is no hiding it.
                    Thousands of people are relying on both these groups for possible changes to the LC.

In fairness, I assume that for many people it's either this solution or bankruptcy and losing everything they have - maybe this will delay their bankruptcy.

Agree that the video is horrendous..

Comment

Working...
                    X