• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

THL - Goodbye and Good Riddance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after months of increasingly alarming emails from THL they have disappeared with no trace leaving a website that doesn't link to anything and a forwarding message as follows;

Looking for THL's portal to your trust data?
    It's no longer here.
    Our contract with your trustees has concluded, so the portal has been decommissioned and it's no longer possible to log in.
    If you were here because you want your trust loans written off, send an email to [email protected], quoting the reference from one of the emails we sent you. We understand that until 15th March 2019, DOR Resolutions Ltd will still draft the necessary paperwork and explain how you can get it signed.
    Any data the company held about you was returned to your trustees on 5th March 2019. We no longer hold those records. We're also no longer sending or receiving communications in connection with the trusts or loans.
    We're delighted to have been of service to your trustees and to so many of their beneficiaries. Our obligations are fulfilled and our work is complete.
    Thanks for your good wishes.
    About the service Helpline Services Ltd provided
    Helpline Services Ltd was hired by several firms of professional trustees to provide data administration and communications services. The company has now discharged its obligations and the contract has concluded.
    The services provided were:
    - validating the loans data supplied by the trustees,
    - presenting loan statements to the trust beneficiaries and agreeing any amendments,
    - drawing to the attention of the trust beneficiaries the 2019 Loan Charge legislation,
    - presenting options to the beneficiaries as to how they might respond to the legislation, including signposting settlement options with HMRC, how the loans could be written off, the availability of tax advice and the option of insolvency.
    The company has not provided tax advice, nor has it handled any of the funds paid by trust beneficiaries.
    Helpline Services Ltd.
    Registered Office: Suite 319-3, 1 Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3LT
    Registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 11097772

So as "Our obligations are fulfilled and our work is complete." can those of us who could never see the justification in repaying our own money now forget about this ?
    Last edited by cojak; 8 March 2019, 16:34. Reason: Copied to a separate thread - this is important.

Obviously not only was the hike to 10% not sustainable, the money flowing in must have dried up when word got around.

Where are NorthernSusan and Dozy Bastard now I wonder? I do hope they got what they wanted in the end...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Obviously not only was the hike to 10% not sustainable, the money flowing in must have dried up when word got around.

Where are NorthernSusan and Dozy Bastard now I wonder? I do hope they got what they wanted in the end...
      Well there you have it, THL were just a fly by night creation of Baker Tilly attempt to extort yet more money from contractors using fear and lies.
      I’ll be visiting Baker Tilly later in the year and try and find the people responsible, I have two home addresses of advisors who I am confident were involved....

Comment

Thl

Originally posted by creativity View Post
        Well there you have it, THL were just a fly by night creation of Baker Tilly attempt to extort yet more money from contractors using fear and lies.
        I’ll be visiting Baker Tilly later in the year and try and find the people responsible, I have two home addresses of advisors who I am confident were involved....
        Whilst I don’t believe Baker Tilly are completely innocent my focus would be on the director of THL. 10 minutes spent on Companies House site will show a record of her involvement in a number of companies which don’t appear to publish financial records , have offshore accountants, and many of her fellow directors are also offshore.

Comment

DOR Resolutions

Originally posted by Whatamess View Post
          So after months of increasingly alarming emails from THL they have disappeared with no trace leaving a website that doesn't link to anything and a forwarding message as follows;

Looking for THL's portal to your trust data?
          It's no longer here.
          Our contract with your trustees has concluded, so the portal has been decommissioned and it's no longer possible to log in.
          If you were here because you want your trust loans written off, send an email to [email protected], quoting the reference from one of the emails we sent you. We understand that until 15th March 2019, DOR Resolutions Ltd will still draft the necessary paperwork and explain how you can get it signed.
          Any data the company held about you was returned to your trustees on 5th March 2019. We no longer hold those records. We're also no longer sending or receiving communications in connection with the trusts or loans.
          We're delighted to have been of service to your trustees and to so many of their beneficiaries. Our obligations are fulfilled and our work is complete.
          Thanks for your good wishes.
          About the service Helpline Services Ltd provided
          Helpline Services Ltd was hired by several firms of professional trustees to provide data administration and communications services. The company has now discharged its obligations and the contract has concluded.
          The services provided were:
          - validating the loans data supplied by the trustees,
          - presenting loan statements to the trust beneficiaries and agreeing any amendments,
          - drawing to the attention of the trust beneficiaries the 2019 Loan Charge legislation,
          - presenting options to the beneficiaries as to how they might respond to the legislation, including signposting settlement options with HMRC, how the loans could be written off, the availability of tax advice and the option of insolvency.
          The company has not provided tax advice, nor has it handled any of the funds paid by trust beneficiaries.
          Helpline Services Ltd.
          Registered Office: Suite 319-3, 1 Royal Exchange Avenue, London, United Kingdom, EC3V 3LT
          Registered in England and Wales. Company Number: 11097772

So as "Our obligations are fulfilled and our work is complete." can those of us who could never see the justification in repaying our own money now forget about this ?

Has anyone been in touch with DOR ?
          Anyone successfully secured a Deed of Release ?

Comment

DOR

Unfortunately I had to get a deed of Release a few months back.

Originally posted by Whatamess View Post
            Has anyone been in touch with DOR ?
            Anyone successfully secured a Deed of Release ?

Comment

Also found this : https://thlportaldotazurewebsites.net/

Comment

Originally posted by snk888 View Post
                Unfortunately I had to get a deed of Release a few months back.
                did someone insist? if so, who?

Comment

THL and DOR Resolutions

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
                  did someone insist? if so, who?

Comment

Originally posted by snk888 View Post
                    THL and DOR Resolutions
                    What did it say you back? A percentage I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                    X