• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Settlement - Provide HMRC with your own calculation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement - Provide HMRC with your own calculation?

Having weighed up the pros and cons, I am leaning towards settlement rather than paying the loan charge.

HMRC provide a list of information they require by 5th April, on their website, along with the resolution email. However, the acknowledgement email they return, adds a further requirement for you to send your own calculations of the tax you owe. Has anyone else had to provide calculations themselves - I was under the impression that HMRC would calculate.

For info (as I know some people have been worrying about not having received a response from them) the email also states that there has been a high volume of people coming forward to settle and that emails will be addressed in receipt order - repeat emails will not be dealt with quicker.....

Although, have to say, if they want my calculation then I’ll have to send another email...

They provided all calculations , basic then more in detail when requested.

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
      They provided all calculations , basic then more in detail when requested.
      Ok thanks Iter - appreciate your response.

Comment

Working...
      X