• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knox House Trust have sold debts to an independent finance company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yates1992 View Post
    I received the same email on Friday and am also bricking it now. This was the first I had heard of it and not a clue what to do. I tried ringing the number 4 times today and not had any answers.
    Ive contracted Bredrock Tax for some advice as SP Management told me it wasn't to do with them anymore either. If we settle with HMRC whats now to stop this new company coming at us for the loan?
    Who is the new finance company? Are they in the UK, and can you see them on companies house?

Might just be passing the issue to another company that sends out a few threatening emails and then vanishes altogether.

I assumed you've settled with HMRC anyway...?

Comment

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
      Who is the new finance company? Are they in the UK, and can you see them on companies house?

Might just be passing the issue to another company that sends out a few threatening emails and then vanishes altogether.

Ive not a clue who they are, tried ringing yesterday a number of times but never got through. Be filling for bankruptcy if they start coming for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
        A lot of people received this info recently. Obviously the Loan Charge is a very real thing. Most people aren't quite sure of what this latest move means.
        They finally answered and they are a company who will "replace the loan with a smaller one" for a fee. They told me to get details from AML Tax at the Knox House Group. I am hoping that my contacting HMRC (thank god I noted date and time I called) stands for something as far as deadlines go.

Comment

I think that they mean the unnamed independent finance company rather than KHT.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by What a cluster View Post
            They finally answered and they are a company who will "replace the loan with a smaller one" for a fee. They told me to get details from AML Tax at the Knox House Group. I am hoping that my contacting HMRC (thank god I noted date and time I called) stands for something as far as deadlines go.
            The company KHT has transferred to told me on the phone that they "cannot call in the loans", for what it's worth
            Last edited by What a cluster; 9 April 2019, 14:43. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

So weird (only paranoid when you're wrong I say) but when I copy and pasted the e mail it totally took out the phone number automatically :/ anyways the number is 0161 710 0249 so Manchester but they don't give a name when the [finally] answer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by What a cluster View Post
                The company KHT has transferred to told me on the phone that they "cannot call in the loans", for what it's worth
                Do they mean the new company the loan has been transferred too can't call in the loan? If so will they put that in writing? I'm guessing so, for an 'admin fee'...?

Comment

Do they mean the new company the loan has been transferred too can't call in the loan? If so will they put that in writing? I'm guessing so, for an 'admin fee'...?
                  You stole my thunder, if we can get an answer to that it might help us sleep a bit better at night...

Comment

The telephone number is from Manchester.

Vanquish Options are in Manchester

VANQUISH OPTIONS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

The people behind Vanquish are/were connected with AML.

Remember that changing the lender does not mean that the terms are changed (yet).
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                      The telephone number is from Manchester.

Vanquish Options are in Manchester

VANQUISH OPTIONS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

The people behind Vanquish are/were connected with AML.

Remember that changing the lender does not mean that the terms are changed (yet).
                      Would you reckon this is maybe a ploy to squeeze some extra cash out of us when / if it comes to getting the loans released?

Comment

Working...
                      X