• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have been encouraging Phil to drop his fight against HMRC and to leave LCAG. He would make a lot more money negotiating TTP deals for victims. Sadly he seems determined to fight HMRC and become poor. Maybe it is all the phone calls he receives from people who are suicidal? Maybe it is the personal attacks he has received from HMRC? Maybe he dislikes an organization castigated by MI5 for being happy to fund Al Qaeda as long as they get their tax break?

I hope Phil will see sense soon.
    Don't hold your breath. I do not know the guy, frankly I am happy about that. I cannot understand how anyone who quite persistently went to great lengths to curry favour and reputation here can seemingly disappear and re-emerge as a scheme salesman. I kind of imagine being the scheme salesman was the objective all along and acting like the "victimised contractor's friend" was merely part of the plan. Sorry, but how anyone can give this person a shred of credibility is simply astonishing, that's my feeling. As a scheme promoter, that puts him alongside all the other bad guys out there in my eyes. Lifes rich tapestry, you could make a soap opera out of this stuff, you really could.

Meantime, those who listened to their accountants and their tax advisers, got a trifle greedy and believed in the scheme promoters look set to be skinned alive yet again. If they believe in fairies, that is. 20:20 hindsight and all that, but how glad am I that I didn't listen to those siren calls about QC opinions, HMRC approval, full tax law compliance and all.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I have been encouraging Phil to drop his fight against HMRC and to leave LCAG. He would make a lot more money negotiating TTP deals for victims. Sadly he seems determined to fight HMRC and become poor. Maybe it is all the phone calls he receives from people who are suicidal? Maybe it is the personal attacks he has received from HMRC? Maybe he dislikes an organization castigated by MI5 for being happy to fund Al Qaeda as long as they get their tax break?

I hope Phil will see sense soon.

Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        As a scheme promoter, that puts him alongside all the other bad guys out there in my eyes.
        Worse I think. Not that I like to defend the scheme promoters, but it's fair to assume they didn't see any of this coming. This guy knows exactly what will happen and is peddling them anyway.

All this crap on his twitter saying this is an outrage, you're awful HMRC is just ludicrous. I bet he's never earned so well in his life.

Comment

Don't hold your breath. I do not know the guy, frankly I am happy about that. I cannot understand how anyone who quite persistently went to great lengths to curry favour and reputation here can seemingly disappear and re-emerge as a scheme salesman. I kind of imagine being the scheme salesman was the objective all along and acting like the "victimised contractor's friend" was merely part of the plan. Sorry, but how anyone can give this person a shred of credibility is simply astonishing, that's my feeling. As a scheme promoter, that puts him alongside all the other bad guys out there in my eyes. Lifes rich tapestry, you could make a soap opera out of this stuff, you really could.

Meantime, those who listened to their accountants and their tax advisers, got a trifle greedy and believed in the scheme promoters look set to be skinned alive yet again. If they believe in fairies, that is. 20:20 hindsight and all that, but how glad am I that I didn't listen to those siren calls about QC opinions, HMRC approval, full tax law compliance and all.
          HMRC cannot understand why someone who quite persistently went to great lengths to curry favour and reputation there can seemingly disappear and re-emerge as the lead person trying to take them down.

Maybe Phil should just have stuck it out at HMRC? He was very senior, promoted regularly. A shame he had a conscience attack.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
            Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
            Are you suggesting LCAG are like pirates?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
              Not that I like to defend the scheme promoters, but it's fair to assume they didn't see any of this coming.
              Do you believe that?

The writing was on the wall from 12th March 2008. After that it was obvious.

Comment

HMRC cannot understand why someone who quite persistently went to great lengths to curry favour and reputation there can seemingly disappear and re-emerge as the lead person trying to take them down.

Maybe Phil should just have stuck it out at HMRC? He was very senior, promoted regularly. A shame he had a conscience attack.
                Just how senior is "senior"? I bet the guy was on no more and likely less than may be GBP 45k a year. This person has had a game plan all along. He's executing it exactly how he planned. What he seems to have forgotten, is it might take a decade or more for his plan to unravel. But unravel it surely will. Mind you, by then, he could be sat on a beach in Belize or Panama I suppose.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Do you believe that?

The writing was on the wall from 12th March 2008. After that it was obvious.
                  You mean you foresaw the Loan Charge? Really?

Comment

Just how senior is "senior"? I bet the guy was on no more and likely less than may be GBP 45k a year. This person has had a game plan all along. He's executing it exactly how he planned. What he seems to have forgotten, is it might take a decade or more for his plan to unravel. But unravel it surely will. Mind you, by then, he could be sat on a beach in Belize or Panama I suppose.
                    At the moment his plan is to stop the Loan Charge. Which I think is bad - he will earn much more if it goes ahead.

Sadly he has a conscience.

Part of the territory is that people who should be upset at HMRC are upset at Phil (not forgetting Graham who has taken much flack too). I wonder what would have happened if Phil and Graham had never got involved?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
                      You mean you foresaw the Loan Charge? Really?
                      So why don't you tell me what happened 12th March 2008. And why you think there is no relevance to the LC.

Comment

Working...
                      X